28. Counting Stars Pt.3

A/N: Ok ok ok ok....last part of this 3-part section thingy. Back to regular chapters after this! This is gonna be long and switches from pov to pov.

Warning: Language

Lynn's pov

"Honey I'm so proud of you!" My mom said through the phone. "I'll be looking for YouTube videos of you girls to watch."

"Aw thanks mom." I smiled. "Uh- How's thing there? With the Jacka$$?"

"Oh!" She said startled. "That's no way to talk about him Lynn, but he's been on business for the past week."

"Is he treating you right?"

"Let's talk about you dear." My mom changed the subject. "How's that Lewis kid you liked?"

"Louis is fine mom." I laughed.

"You know you don't need a boy to make you happy..."

"Well he make me happy." I smiled and butterflies filled my stomach. "He treats me right" I put emphasis on that last word.

"That's good dear. Well it's getting late so I'll let you go."

"Alright love you mom." I sighed.

"I love you to Lynny!"

I hung up the phone and stared at the stage. The boys were singing Kiss You at the moment.

My phone started buzzing again at Louis's part. I sighed but took it back when I read the name.

My eyes widened at who it was and I answered it immediately.

"Der!"

"Lynn!" He replied.

"I can't tell you how happy I am to talk to you!" I exclaimed.

"Same with you! I found a livestream of the show. You were incredible. All of you guys were!"

"Thanks Der! How are you?" I asked. "You haven't you know..."

"No." He replied right away. "Not since that last time."

"Good." I smiled. About a six months after Derek and I befriended each other I found out he had bad depression and would drink away his feelings.

When he said last time, he meant what happen last October. Last October was the 2 year anniversary of when Derek's ex Sarah died of a brain tumor. They were together for three years.

He couldn't handle it so he practically drank himself to death. Crashed his car in a telephone pole and had bad alcohol poisoning. He claims he hasn't drank since and it was sometimes hard to believe him.

His parents tried getting him help but the therapist said his case wasn't to bad to put him in rehab, which I disagreed.
He takes low grade antidepressants.

"Well that's good." I continued. "Have you been keeping tabs on my mom?"

"Yeah. That dirtball just gets worse Lynn." He said sadly.