Chapter 4

*LANGUAGE AHEAD*

A couple days later...

The day ended.

It finally ended, hell had just ended.

Boy was she happy. Happy that she didn't have to deal with Rens antics.

Then she remembered

Shit.

Today she was supposed to work on the project with Kylo.

Now she had to look for this jerk.

As she walked around aimlessly, students ran down the halls and out the entrance. She wished she could leave with them as well. But she couldn't. She had an asshole to track down.

Rey soon found him. Leaning against the wall of a locker with those stupid headphones in his ears.

"Ren!"

She couldn't believe it was her first day and she had to deal with him. Ugh.

"Yes scavenger?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Don't we have to work on the project?"

"Yeah let's go then scavenger."

"My name is Rey!"

"Sure scavenger."

"Fuck you!"

Rey stormed out of the school with Ren following behind. That asshole!

"Kenobi!"

The two of them were standing outside the school and everyone was gone. She turned at the sound of his voice.

"Oh you actually called me something other than scavenger!"

"Whatever scavenger."

"Ugh."

"Let's just go scavenger."

He beckoned her forward and towards a car. It was sleek shiny and black. Typical dark sider.

"Come on scavenger."

"I said! The names Rey!"

"Fine. I'll call you- Kenobi..."

Rey breathed a sigh of relief

"Nah scavengers better."

She saw him smirk through the front mirror and scowled.

Frickin dark siders

They finally made it to his house after what seemed like hours of pointless arguing. A few days at this school and she already finds someone she hates with all her life.

Ren opens up the door to two smiling adults.

"Rey these are my parents...Han Solo...and Leia Organa..."

"Hi nice to meet you."

Rey extends her hand towards his parents and they take it, smiling.

"So Ben is this your girlfriend?"

"Dad! No! We are just working on a project!

"Sure Ben."

Ren rolls his eyes as Rey hears Han mutter:

"Kids these days. Don't be surprised if we catch them doing something in his room."

Rey almost throws up.

"Let's just go Rey."

Ren leads her upstairs and into his room.

"So your name is Ben?"

Rey starts to laugh.

"Shut up! I'm apparently named after some old family friend, what was his name? Oh yeah...Ben Kenobi."

"Ben Kenobi?! He's my grandfather."

She was disgusted. Out of all people this ass had to be named after her grandpa.

"Whatever...let's just start the project...I guess."

"Okay."

Rey pulled the worksheet from class out of her bag.

"I think to start we need to research. Maybe we could ask your dad? I mean he owns the millennium."

"Yeah I guess."

Suddenly Ren was quiet. Usually by now he would have a least pissed her off. He hadn't.

"Do you happen to have any books?"

Rey asked as she looked at the huge array of books covering the shelfs all around his room.

"Yeah. When I was younger I used to be obsessed with ships. I think I still have some around here."

"Okay let's look I guess."

Rey made her way to the bookshelf followed by Ren. After about 30 minutes they found around 10 books. Then she spotted something that caught her eye.

Beauty & The Beast

The battered old book sat in the fat corner of his shelf. She loved that book, it's a classic. Not being able to resist herself she pulled it out.

"Hey Kylo! What's this?"

She lifts up the book and he looks at her, peering his eyes away from the book he was looking at.

"Beauty & The Beast? Oh that..."

"Yeah have you read it? It's my favorite fairytale!"

"Yeah a while ago...it's good I guess. Rey we should work on the project."

Okay this was getting weird. He hadn't insulted her, he hadn't called her "scavenger," and he called her by her real name.

"Yeah we should. Let's read these books then take notes and stuff."

"Okay."

For a while they were just silent. Focused on the books and the notes they had to take. Neither had spoken to the other for at least an hour.

"I think we have enough notes."

"Yeah. Hey uh Kenobi..."

His voice was cut of by Han.

"Hey kid! Some boy by the name of Finn is here to pick you up!"

"Coming!"

Rey turned back to Ren.

"Bye! See you tomorrow I guess!"

"Bye."