Chapter 14

Authors Note: I'm going to apologize ahead of time for the slow burn, well the slow burn for the kiss XD

Rey awoke the next morning to a loud knock on the door. It was about six in the morning, and it was a weekend.

"Grandpa can you get it?" Rey groaned as she rolled out of bed.

He didn't say anything but Rey heard the swish of the door as it was being opened. She heard two voices from downstairs: one that was her grandfathers and another one that was a boy's. It didn't sound like either Finn or Poe, cause if it was then they would've ran past her grandfather and straight to Rey. Maybe it was one of his friends.

Not thinking much of it, Rey shuffled downstairs in her pajamas: a baggy, white, almost destroyed shirt along with short shorts.

"I'm hungry!" Rey groaned, stretching her arms. Her eyes were partially closed and still getting used to the light. She dragged herself down the stairs and across the floor as if she were drunk.

"Hey Rey."

She jerked her head over to the voice. It was Ben. Suddenly that woke her up to her senses.

"B-Ben! What are you doing here?" Her face turned red.

"I've come to pick you up. I'm taking you somewhere."

"Taking me somewhere? Solo, I'm tired and hungry. Just let me eat and wake up please!" Rey groaned, shuffling past the two of them and to the kitchen. She grabbed a box of Coco-Puffs, a bowl, milk, and a spoon.

As she slowly chomped down at her cereal, Ben and Benjamin started to talk.

"So you're Leia and Han's son?"

"Yes."

"And you're named after me?"

"Yes, sir."

"So you're the kid named after me? I can't believe it, wait no, I can believe it!"

Ben resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the man. Hopefully Rey would be ready soon.

••{•}••

Rey emerged a few minutes later in a band tee followed along by some loose pants. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun.

"I'm ready Ben!" She called. "This better be worth my missed hours of sleep."

"It will," he smiled. "Trust me."

"I'll trust you, but this better not be a bad idea on my part."

"It won't, trust me." Ben smirked.

Rey rolled her eyes before waving goodbye to her grandfather.

••{•}••

"So — Mr.Solo?" She tilted her head, talking in a British accent. "What is the occasion?"

"You'll find out if you stop calling me that."

"Aw Mr.Solo, always such a character." She laughed obnoxiously still talking in the accent.

"Rey, just stop." Ben rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Fine. You're no fun." Rey crossed her arms and stuck her tongue out at him.

••{•}••

"We are here."

"So this is the place I gave up sleep for?"

"Yes, now come on."

Ben took her hand and dragged her forward. Surprisingly Rey didn't find her self pulling away.

"Now here's the spot."

"What's so special about a grass field?"

"Look above you."

"Woah —" Rey gasped out as she looked up at the sky. It was a bright and beautiful sunrise.

"This spot is the best for watching sunrises." Ben told her as she continued gaping at the sky. "My parents used to take me here when I was younger. In middle school and in freshman I went through a phase and this place calmed me down. Maybe cause it reminded me of the carefree and happy times I used to have when I was younger."

"It's beautiful —" Rey breathed, know she understood why he had come so early.

"I'm sorry I had to wake you up but I really wanted to show this to you." He turned towards Rey, her face bright and happy. Ben placed a hand on her cheek softly and looked down at her lips. Rey shyly smiled, not pulling away from his gaze.

"Rey —" he breathed still looking into her eyes.

Rey didn't say anything until she heard her ringer go off on her phone. She pulled away reaching for it.

"Hello?"

The speaker on the other end started talking and Rey's face paled. After hanging up and saying "I'll be right there," she turned back to him.

"I'm so sorry! It's beautiful — and this was really nice. But I have to — Poe's —." Her words were garbled and panicked.

"Rey what happened?"

"I have to go! I'm so sorry!"

Then she was gone.

Authors Note: I feel so evil.