Chapter 18

Rey rubbed her nose on the sleeve of her sweatshirt, sniffing back the tears. Her face was streaked with the marks of dried tears and her eyes were red.

"Rey?"

She turns around to face her grandfather, keeping her head down.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Rey's voice cracks. "Just not feeling well." She lies.

"Well I should take you home now. You can go rest." He led her out the school door and into the car. Rey shuffles to the back seat, her head still down. Her grandfather glances at her through the rear view mirror but chooses not to say anything.

They pull up to the house in complete silence and Rey shuffles off to her room. Her grandfather gives her a concerned look before heading off into the kitchen.

After slowly shutting and locking the door, Rey collapses onto the ground, her back against the door. Tears start to stream down her face once again.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid Ben! Stupid everything!" Rey starts flinging nearby objects across the room. Tears continue to stream down her face.

"I hate you!" She yells, burying her face into her hands. A wrinkled piece of paper lays next to her. It was the flier for the Romeo & Juliet play. The play was next week. She lifted it up and tore it. It reminded her of Ben.

Her angry breaths soon slowed and Rey  climbed into her bed and sighed. Her phone went off.

F: Rey! Rey! Rey!

R: what is it Finn? I'm not in the mood!

F: you have to check Instagram

R: why?

F: just check the account 'alanya.niima'

R: okayyy

Rey went over to Instagram, a pit in her stomach. Her fingers typed in 'alanya.niima' and a profile soon showed it.

It was the girl from the library and she was with Ben.

F: did you see it?

R: yes, do me a favor. Tell Ben to never talk to me again and tell Leia to call up the understudy.

F: Rey! You've worked so hard!

R: please just tell her, I don't want to kiss her son or act as his lover.