eight

Bella

I can't believe he asked that. I sighed. I could hear the front door opening, but I found it in my best interest to stay upstairs.

It was silent; then I heard Zayn shout, "Niall, you know how Liam feels about spoons!" Then another voice strangled by laughter responded.

"He tried to steal my food!" I chuckled softly. Are they this loud every day? Then, I suddenly heard someone behind me.

I turned around and saw Harry. I smiled, "So Liam is afraid of spoons?" He chuckled to himself. "He used to be, now Niall uses it against him to get what he wants but if he has a hold of one, things could be dangerous."

I laughed. "Come on let's go see what they bought you." Harry said. We both walked into the kitchen to see what they were up to, but the scene was hilarious.

Liam was up on the counter eating a bun of some type, while a food-covered Zayn was standing in between them, and Niall was holding a large spoon.

"I'm not going to ask!" Harry shouted, holding up his hands and walking out of the kitchen while I frowned and looked up at Louis.

"Is this their normal behavior?" I asked, then he nodded, "Yeah but they can be more crazy than this!"

Harry came back to the kitchen and asked, "So did you guys buy her new clothes?" They turned towards us with surprise and a tad bit of embarrassment.

"Um.. Yeah.." Liam mumbled, jumping down from the counter.

"They're in the bags over there!" Zayn said, pointing to the table covered in about ten bags while he grabbed a rag and started wiping the food off his face.

Curiously I walked over, then grabbed a bag and started to go through it, finding a few simple pairs of jeans, undergarments, a pair of sneakers, and a few sweatshirts.

"Wow these are the nicest clothes I've ever gotten!" I exclaimed happily, pulling out a red sweatshirt. All the boys shared sad looks at my comment then Liam sighed.

"Well I'm glad you like them, now why don't you grab the nicer smelling stuff I bought you from bath and body works, then go take a real shower?" He suggested. I decided there was really nothing better to do, so I smiled and nodded, grabbing the dark blue skinny jeans, red sweatshirt, and the yellow bag from bath and body works.

This time I felt a bit more comfortable taking a shower because I have the proper things I needed. Walking into the bathroom, I flicked on the lights, then instantly walked over to the shower and turned the water up to hot. While in the shower, I couldn't stop thinking about Harry.

Harry

I watched her as she walked out, looking content for once with her new clothes and stuff. "The nicest clothes she's ever gotten...That's so sad..." Liam whispered more to himself as we all nodded in agreement, and I felt bad, maybe even worse than him, because I care even more.

"So what did you guys do?" Niall asked. "We played 20 questions." I said, looking at him. "So you learned more about her?" Zayn asked. I nodded.

"What did you learn?" Louis asked. "Her favorite color is purple, she's 18, her parents died when she was 10, and she's been in 15 different foster homes." I said, looking down at my hands, sad.

"Oh.." Liam whispered.

I looked back at them and heard the shower turn off. Then, I heard the doorbell ring. "I've got it." I told the boys. I hope it's the girl scouts because, man, I could use some cookies! I ran over to do the door, and pulled the locks, then swung open the door about to say, "Good day little girls I will buy all of your cookies!" but instead, I came face to face with a cop.

"Mister we are here for Bella Diaz. I heard from people around these neighborhoods saying she's been staying in this house with five people."