fifteen

Harry

That was a close one. "Sorry man." I heard Niall say behind me. We were walking towards my room. "It's fine. You didn't know." We entered my room and just sat on the bed. "Are you ever going to give the poem to her?"

I took the poem out of my back pocket and stared at it. Should I give it to her? What if she doesn't even like me? "I don't think so.." I said, shaking my head. "Why not?"

"Because what if she doesn't even like me and I just give her the poem out of nowhere and she rejects it." I couldn't even think about the possibility of her rejecting me. "She does like you. I can tell and the other lads can tell."

I sighed, "I don't know." Should I give it to her? No. Yes, give it to her. My mind keeps telling me different things. "Just give it to her. You like each other and if you tell her how you feel, she would like you." Niall said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

I guess. "I'll be downstairs." He said, getting up and walking out the door. I put my face into my hands and sighed. Then, after minutes of thinking, I got up and went towards her room. I got my poem out of my back pocket and entered her room.

I looked around for a spot to leave it. I placed the poem inside of her jean pocket that she placed on her bed. She would surely check there, hopefully. I got out of her room and went towards the living room where the other lads were.

Hopefully, she would accept me. I walked downstairs and into the living room. "Are we going to do anything today?" Liam said while taking a seat on the couch. I shrugged my shoulders. Zayn came in and sat down next to Liam.

"Were you in the kitchen?" I asked him. He nodded and said, "Bella was with me but she went upstairs." So we all were sitting down quietly until we heard a scream from upstairs.

Bella

I walked into the kitchen feeling a bit curious about what Harry, Niall, and Liam were hiding. "Hey Zayn, can I have a snack?" I mumbled, trying to brush myself off a bit before Zayn turned around but had no such success.

"Sure, what do you want?" He asked softly, throwing his cigar into the trash before opening the cub boards. "You smoke?" I asked, choking a bit when I inhaled the thick scent of smoke. "Yeah I guess..." He mumbled, gazing at me from the side, and I sighed.

"It's not good for your lungs." I said carefully, and he rolled his eyes as he turned his whole body to face me. "I only smoke to take some stress away." I nodded and sat down in one of the kitchen chairs still facing him.

"But it's still not good because that stuff can hurt when it goes into your lungs." I said matter of factly. He looked down then a chuckle escaped his lips.

"I know Bella. It just helps me. But one thing I don't quite get, you were scared of me and now you're telling me facts I already know. You are quite bipolar!" I couldn't hide the smile forming at the corners of my mouth. Zayn was really growing on me; they all were.

"I'm not bipolar, just getting use to the situation." I responded, making him sigh. "I know you say that smoking is bad and I know that." He said, looking at me straight in the eyes. "But why do you care?" He asked, his tone changing from playful to cold.

"Because I do care and I-I..." I stopped in mid-sentence, then pressed my lips tightly together as memories of Madison smoking up a storm came into my memory. "Are you okay? I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound cruel!" He said, wrinkles forming on his forehead as he rushed over to me and knelt at my side.

"I...um..." My voice was breaking, and he cupped my cheek then turned my face towards him. "Bella what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?" His words tumbled out quickly, and I jerked my head away. "Madison would always smoke before she beat me." I whispered, then his worried expression went to a sad one.

"Oh..." I chomped down on my lip and nodded, suddenly not feeling very hungry anymore, just plain sick. "It's fine, I'm use to it! I know you're not as bad as her." I said, unsure of how steady my voice was, but I could feel adrenaline burning from my stomach to my fingers, making me tremble.

"Exactly, because I would never hurt you or the other lads..." He mumbled, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. His touch was warm, just like Harry, but with Harry, I felt something else, and with Zayn, it felt like he loved me as a sister. "Promise?" I mumbled, gazing up at him, then he smirked.

"Yes! Unless your a naughty girl then a good spanking is called for." He teased, making me tense up even though I knew very well it was a lame joke. "Bella I'm just kidding." He said softly but sternly. Nodding, I stood up; then he hopped up on his feet, making him tower over me.

We both looked at each other for a long, intense moment, then he took a step towards me and started to lean down, but Liam swung the door open, making him jump back. "Hola guys!" He looked at me then Zayn a couple of times. "Did I interrupt something?" I shook my head.

"I'll be upstairs." I said and ran out quickly, hoping the burning blush on my face wasn't visible. As I walked down the hall, a million thoughts swarmed around in my head, but the main one I centered on was more of a question, was Zayn going to kiss me? If so, why?

Sighing, I opened the door and flickered on the lights. I shut the door and decided to change. I grabbed the jeans from my bed and a shirt from the bag on the floor. I made my way to the bathroom and started to change.

When I was done, I exited the bathroom and entered my room again, shutting the door behind me. I grabbed the remote off the floor and flopped down on the bed, using the pillows to prop myself up skillfully.

Then I heard muffled angry voices and a loud bang that sounded like a gunshot! My breath hitched as I froze for a moment, but I relaxed and turned on the TV after not hearing anything more. Once I found a channel I was content with, I laid back and tried to be comfortable, but my mind was telling me otherwise.

I wonder what would happen if Liam hadn't interrupted? I bit my lip and ran my tongue over it starting to feel bored. Then I got this uneasy feeling something wasn't right. I glanced around my empty room, except for a few bags hoping to trick my nerves into calming, but something didn't feel right in any way.

My breathing was speeding up along with my heartbeat the same way it used to when I could feel bad vibes from Madison. Madison? I wonder how she's doing? I hope she doesn't try anything to hurt the boys or me.

I tried to turn up the TV and get lost in the TV show, but it wasn't helping. Then I heard a heavy knock on my door.

"Coming!" I shouted, turning off the TV and scrambling out of bed, pausing for a moment to smooth down my hair for the heck of it, then gripped the door handle.

Something didn't feel right when I opened it, and dang, I wish I listened to my gut feeling because the moment I opened the door, I saw something that made my heart stop dead cold! So I did the only thing I knew how to do, I scream.