new book

hi, lovelies. it's been a long while since i've published a new book. after seeing the good feedback i got on Rescue Me, it motivated me to pursue writing again. i realized it's a passion of mine, and i enjoy writing stories. with that being said, i have written a new book called Used to This. i would love if any of ya'll could give the book a read or spread the word about it. i wanted to thank you again for your support on Rescue Me, and i enjoy reading y'all's comments. i hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Christmas and New Year!

here's a small preview of the prologue:

Emmi didn't notice the bag of gummy worms in his lap when she saw that the little boy was holding one out to her.

A multicolored gummy worm pressed between his thumb and forefinger.

Emmi couldn't help but accept the candy; they were her favorite after all and pushed it past her lips.

"Why are you sad?" The little boy bluntly asked, tossing another gummy worm in his mouth.

"I'm not sad." Emmi immediately responded.

"You look sad. You've been sitting here for like ever like this look." The little boy then mimicked what he thought she looked like, receiving a glare from the curly-haired girl.

The little boy laughed as he continued munching on his gummy worms.

"My mommy and papí are dead. That's what they keep saying."

The little boy threw yet another piece of candy in his mouth.

"I lost a fish once. My mamá says she went to heaven, but my brothers told me what really happened. Our cat ate it."

Emmi continued to stare at him, and a blank look rested on her face as she fought back a giggle and smile, a game she ended up losing.

The little boy smiled, feeling happy that he could make the sad girl smile.

"My name is Diego Perez, and I am eight years old." The little boy, whose name appeared to be Diego, showed Emmi his fingers, holding up eight of them.

"My name is Amelia Santos. I like to be called Emmi."

- beautifuldesiress

- beautifuldesiress