eighteen

Bella

What is this?

I opened the piece of paper and saw it was a poem.

'Love is patient, kind, not jealous,

not boastful, not proud, not rude, never giving up.

That's how I would describe you.

I wish you knew how special you are to people, the boys especially, and me.

- H.S'

I didn't know I was crying when I felt a hot liquid run down my cheek. I didn't know Harry felt this way about me. I wiped away the tears and composed myself so that I could talk to Harry. After a couple of minutes, I finally went downstairs and entered the living room.

I saw all the boys there, laughing, but my eyes instantly fell upon him. Harry caught my gaze, and I motioned my hand so he could come over here. When he was in front of me, I walked inside the kitchen. "You alright?" Harry asked with confusion in his eyes.

I placed the poem on top of the counter and looked up at him. Once Harry realized what it was, he started to get nervous. "I-I.. T-that.." I don't know where the boost of confidence came from, but I found myself kissing him.

He didn't respond for a few seconds, but he started to kiss me back once he knew what was happening. His lips moved gently against mine. He put his hands on my hips, and I put my hands around his neck. We kept kissing for a couple of seconds and pulled away, breathing a little bit hard.

I placed my forehead against his. We both opened our eyes and stared at each other. "Thank you.. for writing a beautiful poem," I said. It was silent again. "I meant every word." Harry finally spoke up. I found myself smiling, and I couldn't stop.

+

It's been two weeks since I found out about the poem. Harry asked me out, and he's taken me out on two dates already. I remember when we came back on the first date, all the boys were excited.

"And the lovebirds have returned!" Louis yelled once Harry closed the door. We came back from a picnic that Harry planned for the both of us. We got into the living room, and Louis jumped at me and hugged me tightly. "You were gone for so long." He faked cried into my neck.

I chuckled. "We were gone for only 2 hours but I missed you too Lou." He let me go from the embrace and patted me on the head. I have gotten close to the boys in the past few days. But I would say I was really close to Louis.

He was like an older brother to me. "And you mister." Louis looked at Harry and pointed at him. "You better not hurt her." Harry looked at me and smiled. "I would never hurt her. That's a promise that I'll always keep."

I remember that day like it was yesterday. When Harry said, those words butterflies erupted in my stomach. I knew then that Harry really cared about me, and I really cared about him too.

Right now, I was arranging my room and putting some posters and frames on the wall. I'm officially a member of this house. The boys said that I was no longer a guest in this house and that I could decorate the room. I finished placing my posters and pictures on the wall.

I came across one when Harry and I went to the carnival. It was us in the photo booth.

"Harry look!" I was looking at the photo booth, and I wanted us to take pics in there. He knew what I was talking about, so he guided both of us there. We went inside, and I told him what order of faces we should do. Of course, he being Harry, he didn't listen.

The first picture was of me smiling and Harry sticking his tongue out while covering his eyes. I asked him to do a normal with me in the picture, but again he made another funny face, but I decided to go along with it. The third one was of us kissing.

Looking at the third one made my heart swell. I laughed because of something Harry said, and he was smiling while looking at me. The way he was looking at me made me feel safe and loved. I felt arms wrapped around me and I was scared for a second, but then I knew it was him.

"What are you looking at?" He asked. I showed him the picture. He chuckled, "I remember that day." I turned around so I could look at him. "Yeah that was the day that you lost against me for the ball toss." I laughed, remembering that moment.

"I let you win." Harry said while pretending to be one of those guys. "Oh really? You won the basketball game and yet you couldn't throw small balls into a bucket." I said while crossing my arms against my chest and cocking an eyebrow.

"You were clearly cheating!" Harry said, huffing. I laughed. "Ok. Whatever floats your boat." I said while kissing him.