Chapter Three

Josh >>

"And who are you?" She asked impatiently.
"We heard he was moving in here, we wanted to see if we could introduce ourselves and hang out." Patrick said, smiling.
Her eyes lit up and she started grinning at Patrick.

"Tyler!" She yelled. "Some kids are here to see you! Put on a jumper and come downstairs please!"
"Why does he need a jumper, has his mum lost all senses? It's so hot outside!" Brendon whispered to me.
We waited.
And waited.
And waited a little more.
"He doesn't come out much." His mum said, smiling. "I'll be back in a minute." She ran upstairs to get Tyler. 

Patrick stood there half smiling, over excited to make a new friend.
Brendon was cool with whatever, I guess.
I, however, didn't really want another guy to come hand out with us, especially today, but I think this is a one time thing.

Two minutes later, a boy our age with brown hair and eyes walked to the door reluctantly and frowned. He wore an oversized pink jumper and black skinny jeans.

"Hi, I'm Brendon." Brendon held out his hand which the boy blinked, then took.
"I'm Tyler." He whispered.
"Hey Tyler! I'm Patrick." Patrick glowed with happiness, giving a friendly hug to Tyler.
"I'm Josh." I mumbled.
"Do ya wanna see a movie with us?" Patrick asked.
He nodded.
"It's Finding Dory."
Tyler smiled softly.
"Finding Dory?"
•••

We drove to the cinema. By we, I mean Brendon in Brendon's car. We were all full of conversation on the drive there, except Tyler, who stared out the window, humming quietly to himself.
He looked really sad.
"Tyler! It's urgent!" He jolted upright, staring at me.
"What's your favourite colour?" I asked.
We all laughed, including Tyler. His laugh was nice.
"No, in all seriousness, what is it?"
"Red." He mumbled.
"Oh dude, you must love my hair." I laughed. 

He smiled at me and then turned back towards the window.

A/N c r i n g e