Chapter Eight

Josh>>
The next few nights, Patrick had been staying over because his parents were out on a trip for an entire week, so mum offered to let him stay here.
My mum really loves Patrick.

A lot.

I hadn't told her that we were dating yet, though.
"Patrick." I whispered. He'd slept in. I hung over the top of him, wearing his glasses.
"Jish," he laughed. "You look just like me." He looked half asleep, so I shook him.

"Patrick... We have school."
"Oh yeah." He grabbed his glasses off of me and put them on. "I kinda need these to see." He giggled.

We got dressed and Patrick offered to drive.
We picked Tyler up again on the ride there. He seemed like he didn't want to talk to me, but he did make small talk with Patrick.

I had math class with Brendon and Tyler first so Patrick and I walked in separate directions.

Tyler hummed a soft tune the whole way.
"What song are you humming?" I asked.
"Just a little thing I made up." He looked at his shoes.
"Can I hear it?"
"Sorry, I don't like people listening to my music."
"It's okay."
Brendon came to class late as usual. "Beebo!"
"Hey Spooky, Hey Tyler." Tyler give a small wave and half a smile.
"How's things going with Patrick?"
Suddenly, the teacher interrupted.
"URIE! You came here late, and you think you can disrupt my lesson! See me at lunch." The yelling made Tyler cringe and shrink back into his chair.
Mr Ricketts was the type of teacher to hold a grudge against certain students. Like Brendon.

He never got over the fact that Brendon pranked him in junior year.
The class went on uneventfully.
But I never got that tune out of my head.

A/N  jesus i love halsey