23. I Know Your Secret.

Cataleya P.O.V

Just then the gun went off and blackness took over.

"Get up cataleya." A familiar voice said causing me to peak through one eye, Nathaniel stood infront of me with a straight face holding his hand out for me.

I looked around my body for a bullet wound but didn't find any "I'm not dead." I said in relief. "No, now hurry get up." He said as I took his hand.

"Bu- But I fainted." I said confused, how else would blackness take over me?

"No you didn't cataleya, you just closed your eyes." He said taking the rope off my hand.

"Where's Lorenzo?" I asked, he moved to the side showing a dead Lorenzo on the floor. "Look at me." Nathaniel said turning my head to him.

I felt my body shiver, seeing a dead body for the first time, I wanted to turn my head the other way and throw up but my eyes didn't want to leave the site, He did try to kill me but I felt bad for him, he wa-

"Did he hurt you?" Nathaniel asked cutting of my thoughts, he looked around my body, "No I'm fine." I said trying to keep my attention on him.

My eyes left him and looked behind him seeing guys with mask on, some of their guns on Lorenzo still, others looking around.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked confused.

"And who the hell are those people?"

"I'll explain later." He whispered.

"What are we going to do with her?" One of the men came up and asked Nathaniel, I glared at him and rolled my eyes.

"What stupid question is that?" Nathaniel barked causing the man to back up.

Nathaniel took my hand and lead me outside as the men followed, We got outside and there was around 5 black Chevrolet Tahoe. They all got into the vehicles while Nathaniel opened the door for me and I got in.

He got in afterwards and drove away from the scene. He made a phone call telling someone to clean up the mess, he wasn't even scared, he sat there driving straight faced.

"You need answers now." He said.

"No, I dont." I said with a weak smile.

"What do you mean?" He asked causing me to chuckle.

"Your in the mafia, aren't you?" I asked, he didn't reply as he kept his eyes on the road not answering me.

I turned my head back to the window and thought about what Lorenzo did.

"Yes." Nathaniel finally replied, "How did you know?"

"I guess you gave me the wrong phone." I said.

"What?"

"Remember when you gave me the phone to make calls for the celebration, you gave me the wrong phone." I said smartly.

"Oh shit." He mumbled, "Don't worry about it." I said relaxing a bit more in the seat.

"Cataleya that's some serious stuff-

"I know Nathaniel, it's weird that your not freaking out, I mean, me finding out something like that, aren't you gonna give me that speech about not going to the cops and other stuff?"

"No." He said with a smile.

I furrowed my brows while he chuckled. "Why not?" I asked.

"Because I trust you." He said truthfully, He just said he trusts me, Nathaniel Martinez trusts me!

I nodded trying to hold back my smile.

"What happened to alisa?" I asked, I could tell it was a question he didn't want to answer but I needed answers, I could've died today, and I'm definitely not going to stay here and not know why.

"She killed herself." He replied.

"Nathaniel I heard that already, I need to know more, like why she killed herself and what was up with you and Lorenzo." I said annoyed.

"Before me and alisa hooked up, she was Lorenzo's girlfriend, Me and Lorenzo was good friends back then and he introduced us one day, I guess that day she fell for me and wanted me, but I wasn't into those things people call 'Relationship'. She started playing Lorenzo to get my attention and she did."

He took a breathe and I gestured for him to continue.

"Well after that, she got pregnant, she claimed it was mines but it wasn't, Lorenzo was the father, Me and him got out of it until the night he came to my club and threatened to kill me. So I called off things with alisa cause I'm not a man who's going to get in that much trouble with a man for a woman, even though I could've killed Lorenzo long time, I didnt."

Nathaniel continued, this is one hell of a story.

"Then a couple of days later, I got a call saying alisa was dead and it was suicide. I guess after that Lorenzo went crazy and made a plan with you on getting me back, but he failed."

Nathaniel finished, my throat was dry and I was speechless, I didn't feel no way, I didn't have no emotion, I didn't care.

"How did you know? How did you know where I was?" I queried him still a bit confused.

"I knew this was going to happen from the beginning, I just didn't know he was going to take it that far, And I can't answer that question." He said.

"Of course you can't" I mumbled, the dirt road came to a stop as we made our way on the main road, Nathaniel rolled down his window and did some sign in the air.

As we made a turn, the other vehicles went the opposite way, I need more answers out of him.

"Nathaniel?"

He glanced at me and I took that as a yes.

"Why can't you answer the question?" I asked in a sweet polite way while twirling my fingers.

"If I answer some of those questions, they'll end a with questions I can't answer, and then you'll get frustrated even thinking about it."

I bent my head down thinking on resonable questions. I can break Nathaniel, just how?

"Do you know what happened to me when I was younger?" I asked he hesitated on answering but he spoke up and answered.

"No." He said bluntly keeping his eyes on the road.

"Is my dad in that kind of business to?" I asked.

Nathaniel didn't respond and I gave up. "Fine, be like them and leave me clueless Nathaniel." I whispered leaning my head on my hand.

"I'll find out one day and I'll make you guys regret it for not telling me." I mean it, they'll all regret it.

° . ° . ° . ° . ° . ° . ° . ° . ° .

Hey guys! Dont forget to vote and comment!
Stay tuned.