Chapter 6

Mario...

You woke up, lying on a white cot in the middle of a pink room. You ran toward the door and tried to open the door, but it was tightly locked. You banged on it, trying to break through, but it wasn't working. You began to cry as you dropped to the cold floor.

Why me...

A light and delicate voice came from the other side of the door.

"I have no idea what's gotten into you Y/N, you must have been brainwashed by Bowser." Peach sighed.

"I swear, he hasn't! There's nothing wrong with me!" You cried.

"Sure..."

You heard her walk away, her footsteps echoing in the hallway. You cried more and tried to dry your wet eyes with the blanket on the cot. You lied on the floor, staring at the ceiling, wondering how long it would take for Bowser to notice you were gone.

He should have noticed, he would have been confused why I wasn't there...

Maybe he thinks I left him...

You growled when the door was opened. Both brothers and Peach stepped inside the room. Mario and Luigi pinned your arms down, while Peach asked you a few questions.

"Do you know who I am?" She questioned.

"Princess Peach, my long lost mother." You sighed, showing no emotion.

"Where have you been for the entire year?" She asked.

"Bowser's castle." You frowned.

"She's answering too simply, she's definitely being brainwashed." Peach sighed.

"Just like the time you once were," Mario frowned. "No wonder she tried to kill us."

"We'll have to set up a machine, we've got to get her back to normal." Luigi said as everyone left the room and locked your door.

"I'm not brainwashed!" You screamed.

You panicked, looking around for an exit. You spotted a small window, but it looked too small for you to fit in. You looked through, but saw nothing. You soon spotted a small parapgoomba, floating effortlessly in the air.

"Hey you!" You called.

The goomba frantically looked around.

"Down here!" You called again.

He spotted you and flew down to your window.

"You have to get me out!" You ordered.

"Ha! Listen to you! Gimme one good reason why!" The goomba laughed.

"Because I'm the Queen of Darkland." You stated.

"You? Queen of Darkland? You're hilarious!" It laughed.

"I am!" You pulled out your left hand, but the ring Bowser had given you was missing.

"Listen, I'm apart of the rebellion in Darkland, and Bowser would not be happy to see me." The goomba frowned.

"Please! I'll pay you! I'll do anything!" You begged.

"Eh. Not worth it." He began to fly away.

"No! No! No! Come back!" You called.

"This is nothing like the video games!" You cried.

You looked around for something to do, but everything seemed dull and boring. There was a small bookshelf in the corner, but you didn't feel like reading. You just wanted to be at home.

"Yo Queenie." A voice called.

"What do you want." You growled.

"My friend here actually believed you, he only quit a few months ago. Turns out you were right." The same goomba said, leaning on your window.

"So you'll get me out?" You asked.

"Possibly. If you write a letter, we can mail it for you." He offered.

"What's the twist?" You asked.

"Well, we just want some money."

"I only have ten gold coins."

"That'll do for now."

"Come back in ten minutes, I'm going to write the letter."

You found s paper and pen and began to write.

Dear Bowser,

I have been kidnapped, and there's no way out. I'm currently in one of the rooms facing south in Peach's castle. I heard that they think I'm being brainwashed, so you need to come quickly. I need your help. I miss you...

-Y/N

You gave the letter to the paragoombas, who dropped it in the mailbox. You hoped Bowser would read it and come fast.