Chapter 9

You woke up alone as usually and got out of bed, rubbing your eyes to get used to the bright light from the lava. You stepped into the hallway, but Bowser wasn't there.

"Excuse me, but do you know where Bowser is?" You tapped on a passing by koopas shoulder.

"Some kind of meeting with another kingdom." The koopa answered.

"Wait, when will he back?" You asked.

"Around five at the earliest."

"Thanks."

You walked among the hallway, which has conveniently labeled doors. You read each label in your head, looking for Kameks's room.

Wendy

Roy

Kamek and Kammy

You stopped in your tracks as you read his name. Your curiosity begged you to open the door and look inside. You found Kamek and Kammy's wands lying on the petite bed. One had a blue glass ball on the end, and the other had a deep purple ball on the end. You assumed the blue was Kamek's, seeing as his robe was too. You carefully lifted it and saw a small koopa inside.

"Who do you think you are? Where's Kamek and Kammy?" Morton growled.

"They're... dead..." You sighed.

"What! Who killed them?" Morton gasped.

"Two brothers killed Kammy. Kamek had a panic attack right after she was announced dead." You sighed.

"And who do you think you are?" He asked.

"I'm-"

The door swung open and Bowser quickly picked you up and ran away.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He frowned.

"I just wanted to-"

"How much did you tell him?" He asked.

"Well, what would be some bad things to say?" You questioned.

"Everything!" He growled.

"I shoulda locked the door." He muttered under his breath.

"Why are we running?" You asked.

"Because disturbing the wand will allow him to get out." He explained.

You heard loud footsteps in the nearby hallway. Bowser held onto you tightly and jumped out of the window.

"You've gotta hide somewhere!"

You looked around everywhere, but nowhere seemed safe enough.

"Just keep running, it doesn't matter if you get lost or not, I'll come look for you."

"But I can't run! I'm pregnant!"

"What if I told you that's there's a possibility of you dying today, then would you run?" He asked.

"Just get him away!"

You ran as fast as you possibly could, until you past the pools of lava and ran into a forest a couple hundred meters away. You sat against the tree, trying to catch your breath as you watched Bowser run back into the castle. You felt worried about Morton. He seemed like he would be taller that Bowser's default height. You decided to look around for a weapon of some sort. You picked up a fire flower, but it didn't do anything. You gulped as you but into it, seeing flashing lights for a bride second, your clothes changing to (your favourite colour) and white. You pointed your finger and a small fire ball leaped to the floor, skipping a bit until it faded away.

"Woah..." You said in amazement.

You thought it might be better if you climbed a tree, so you could have the higher ground. You gasped as you heard two familiar voices.

"Where's that pesky human?"

"I told you, there's no humans here!"

"But I can smell human in every corner of the castle, and I highly doubt it's one you ate."

"There's none!"

"Tell me now-wait! I smell it! It's over there!"

The large koopa began to run towards your tree you had climbed on.

"I can smell it..." Morton deeply inhaled.

"It doesn't matter it's probably just-"

"Stop lying to me. I know your hiding something."