Chapter 23

You went back to your bedroom and decided to let Claire watch some of the children shows on television. Thankfully, there were all the regular shows from the real world too. You put on one of the children channels and left Claire to watch on a small pile of pillows, while you decided to read one of the books from the large bookcase. It was about Bowser and the Koopaling's wands. They could literally do anything from shapeshifting the user, to using it as a weapon. You realized Bowser had left his wand beside the bed. You grasped onto it, already regretting using it. Claire began crying, so you quickly changed back. You ran over to her and picked her up, holding her close to you. She soon stopped crying and fell asleep in your arms. You walked over to the bed and crawled in with Claire.

• • •

You woke up in the evening and dragged yourself to the dining room. You sat in your chair, and Claire sat in her high chair. Claire let out a small yawn and you cooed at her until someone came to ask what you wanted to eat. Just as if on queue, the koopalings broke the peaceful silence and stormed into the dining room, sliding down the railing or stomping down the stairs. You sighed as they all took a seat and began to loudly talk to each other. You felt it was unnecessary to join in, and pulled Claire's high chair closer to you.

"My Queen, what would you like for dinner?" A koopa asked.

"(Your favourite food) and what you had made Claire yesterday." You smiled.

"Coming right up!" The koopa bounced to the kitchen and several other koopas ran out to take the koopaling's orders.

The koopalings ordered crazy meals that would take hours to prepare and would cost a lot too. How does Bowser even have any money left after spoiling these brats? I just don't was Claire turning out this way... In a matter of seconds, eight food carts filed into the room and served tons and tons of food to each koopaling. The motherly side of you blurted out when the noises got quieter, but turned into loud chewing and spitting.

"How was school today?" You blurted.

"Boring, as usually." Lemmy yawned.

"Absolutely torture!" Wendy shrieked.

"I got three hour detention!" Morton laughed.

"Meh. Most was pretty bad." Ludwig sighed.

"I beat up tons of brats." Roy smirked.

"Terrible!" Larry frowned.

"Stupid!" Junior laughed.

"Awesome!" Iggy cheered.

Everyone rolled their eyes at Iggy, the only koopalings who enjoyed school.

"That's nice..." You muttered, beginning to eat your food.

"Where's king dad?" Junior asked.

"He's gone out for awhile." You sighed.

"Divorce?" Roy nodded.

"No! He's taking over the mushroom kingdom." You explained.

"Oh." Roy laughed.

"I wish we still ate human, no offence." Morton yawned as he shoved the last mouthful of food in his mouth.

"Just because you say no offence, doesn't mean it's not offensive." You muttered.

You looked over your shoulder and saw a dark figure looming in the shadows. You shivered, not wanting to go alone. You forced yourself out of your chair and crept towards it. You flicked the lights on to find Bowser, lurking around the large family room, rummaging through a drawer.