Chapter 26

You woke up, still in the same old cage. Kama was peacefully dozing in the corner, while Mario and Luigi must have blacked out from exhaustion, judging by their uncomfortable positions. Haru and Peach were beside each other, but Peach was fidgeting constantly, obviously disliking the idea of sleeping on the cold floor. Your neck felt stiff from sleeping without a pillow, but you tried to massage it back to normal, but it still sung. Haru began floating around the room, quietly mumbling to himself.

"You're awake." He snickered.

"I've been up longer than you." You reminded.

"Actually, demon's don't need sleep." He corrected.

"Whatever." You muttered.

"When's that beast coming anyways?" He muttered under his breath.

"He's not a beast!" You cried.

"Shut up, bitch! You might wake them up!" He hushed.

You rolled your eyes, folding your arms against your chest.

Wait... Where's Claire?!

You felt a rush of panic and stress run through your thoughts.

She could starve and die!

You tried calming yourself down and tried deep breaths. You inhaled deeply and exhaled all of the carbon dioxide. You tried to fall asleep again, and leaned against the stiff metal bars. You closed your eyes and tried to fall back asleep.

                              • • •

You woke up and looked around at everything. Only Luigi was still in the room, most likely to make sure you don't escape. He seemed bored, looking through the window, waiting for something to happen. Kama silently floated up to you and handed you a bobby pin, obviously to get yourself out.  You pushed it in the lock and fiddled around with it for a couple minutes. It opened seconds later, and you carefully jumped down, startling Luigi.

"What-a do you-a think you're-a doing?" He asked.

"Trying to escape." You murmured.

He charged at you, but you quickly dogged, pushing him to the ground. He angrily got up and punched you across your face. The entire floor near Luigi begun to sink into a pit of lava. Kama stood next to a lever, smirking.

"Thank you." You half-smiled.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Kind of, are you okay?" You asked.

"Yes." She sighed.

"I need to get Claire." You murmured, running out the room.

You ran down the hundreds of stairs into a hallway. You hadn't even been there yet, but Claire was more important than your curiosity. You ran down many more stairs and ran into her bedroom. You searched the room and found Claire, startling to slowly wake up. You lifted her up and carried her out of the room. You carried her to the kitchen and begun to search for baby food. You found a jar and quickly unscrewed the lid and grabbed a spoon from a drawer. You spooned small spoonfuls of the baby food into Claire's mouth. She slowly swallowed the green mush and you fed her another. You wondered where Peach, Haru and Mario were, but they didn't seem to be in Darkland anymore. You put the spoon away and the baby food back.

"And what exactly do you think you're doing?"

You froze in fear, slowly turning on your heels. Mario was standing in front of you. May have been short, but he was intimidating. You began to burst into a sprint, running to Claire's room. You loomed throughout the castle and ran into Claire's bedroom and hid her in her crib. You ran out of the room, and Mario grabbed onto your wrist tightly. You sighed at your defeat as he began to drag you upstairs. After minutes of your back banging against the stairs every second, you eventually made it to the peak of the stairs. You stood up as he pulled you to your cage by jumping six feet in the air. He slammed the cage door and locked it. He returned to Luigi's old spot, and tried to do a better job than his clumsy brother. You slowly slouched, sliding down into a sitting position. You frowned as the door burst open. You sat up in excitement, praying it would be Bowser, but it was none other than Haru, Peach, and Luigi. You groaned in frustration, wanting to smash your face into the cage bars. You pushed your face against your knees and quietly cried.

"What's up with her? Every two minutes she's bawling her eyes out." Haru groaned.

"I dunno." Peach mumbled.

You wrapped your arms tightly around your knees, crying more and more each second. You missed Bowser. Nobody knew where he was, Assuming that Peach and Haru went to the Mushroom Kingdom. Bowser could be lost, in the middle of nowhere.

"Stop your crying!" Haru demanded.

You ignored his rude comment, and tried calming yourself down.