Chapter 8

Bowser ran and jumped off the balcony, not breaking a single bone.

"What'd ya want?" Bowser growled, his deep red eyes, drowning in anger.

Mario frowned, punching Bowser's snout.

"What the hell was that for?" Bowser muttered, slapping him back.

"You brainwashed-a Y/N!" Mario frowned.

"Brainwashed? Where'd you get that idea?" Bowser asked, rubbing the spot Mario had punched him with his hand.

"Bowser don't-a play-a dumb with-a me!" Mario yelled, his thick accent making it hard to understand what he had said.

"But I'm not!" Bowser assured.

"Then-a why did Y/N try to kill-a me?" Mario demanded.

"Because people do whatever they want to do," Bowser explained. "I guess Y/N just really hates you."

"But I'm-a her mother's friend-"

"She's not my mother anymore." You loudly spoke from the balcony.

"That's-a impossible! You can't-a just decide-a to get-a divorce from your mother!" Mario gasped.

"She said she's not her mother!" Bowser yelled.

Just as Bowser had spoke, Peach and Luigi were panting in exhaustion after chasing the red plumber.

"Release my daughter and change her back!" Peach demanded, panting I between words.

"Never!" Bowser laughed.

"Release her this instant, or I will literally kill you!" Peach hissed.

You quietly hid in the shadows, despite the fact that the bright lava pool lit up everything.

"Make me." Bowser challenged.

Peach looked over at both brothers, who seemed completely engulfed with anger. Bowser chuckled at their 'intimidation' and spat blazing fire directly towards them. Mario and Luigi dodged, quickly running away. Peach followed, but her leg was burnt, and she couldn't run very far. Bowser grabbed the collar of her dress and raised her high into the air.

"Not so fast." He chuckled.

Peach tried to kick him, but she was held too far away to do any damage.

"You monster." She growled.

You went downstairs to watch the scene. Bowser carried the injured princess into the castle and dropped her onto the ground.

"Take her to the dungeon." He ordered to several koopas.

They carried the princess down the stairs and disappeared into the dark.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." Bowser murmured.

"It's fine."

Bowser walked up the stairs with you and you both went back on the balcony.

"Why do you have a dungeon if your prisoners get bedrooms?" You accidentally blurted, really not wanting to engage an awkward conversation.

"Well," Bowser sighed. "My biological father was a horrible man. If I can remember correctly, his name was Morton. Morton was an awful King and father and ruled Darkland with an iron fist. He had hundreds of innocent prisoners, who were imprisoned for no real reason at all. He would starve and beat his prisoners. He wanted me to be just like him. He taught me how to fight, and how to be exactly like him. Kamek was sick of him and one day decided to put an end to him. He would never kill him or anything, he respected him, but he trapped him in the glass ball on Kamek's old wand."

"Shouldn't we release him?" You asked.

"Ha! Release him! He's probably the last person I would ever want to help!" He laughed.

"Couldn't you just talk to him, he probably feels lonely." You suggested.

"He'd probably just yell at me the entire time. Might even kill you." He gulped.

"Kill me?"

"Koopas... they used to only eat humans, that's why there aren't many humans around here. I only tried to marry Peach to end the feud. That clearly backfired."

"H-h-have you eaten someone?" You shivered.

"Hundreds of times, but I didn't understand as a kid." He sighed, wrapping his arm around you.

You felt a little scared, as if it were like he used to think of humans like food. Why would he have even told you that if you were a human? You trust Bowser, but now you just can't help but be scared. All these few years. Living with the love of your life and soon finding out that they've eaten humans before. As you were lost in your thoughts, Bowser stroked your arm with his scaled hand.

"Are you scared?" He asked, his voice a bit worried.

"No..." You murmured.

"You know I would never hurt you, right?"

"Yes. Don't worry, it's fine, it's just a bit shocking."

___________________________

Hey guys! I might do a bonus upload today! I have you enjoyed and are having a fabulous day!