Chapter 18

Bowser handed you a black box with a (your favourite colour) ribbon. Inside there was another box and a card.

"I tried my best to write, I'm used to mail getting read to me."

Dear Y/N,

Happy birthday! I know I haven't always been the greatest hubby at times with all my problems. But at least at the end of the day, it's safe to say that you're probably one of the greatest things to happen to me. I know that I seriously look like a creepy pedophile with my 23 year old wife, but I couldn't care less. You've always been there to make me feel better about the pain I've caused. You're such a forging person, most people usually get upset over one thing and ignore me. I love you so much, even words can't explain...

Love, Bowser

You read the card as Bowser excitedly waited for your approval.

"Thank you." You smiled, kissing his cheek.

You unwrapped the box to find a camera and a huge photo album.

"It's for when the baby is born, so that we can look back and look at everything. Sorry it's not much, I didn't really know what to get you."

"I love it." You smiled, observing the fancy camera.

You looked up at Bowser as he opened his mouth to speak.

"You know... I've been a real shitty king lately, I've been trying my entire life to take over the mushroom kingdom. My new assistant magikoopa, Kama and I have been thing, and the mushroom kingdom has been weak lately, and we're planning on conquering it. I just wanted to let you know, just invade you thought something was wrong, or it was a bad time. Is it okay with you?" Bowser asked you.

"I guess so, it doesn't matter what I think, you're their king."

"You're their queen."

"And your point is?"

"I need you to rule Darkland while I'm invading. It'll only be for awhile! Kama will be there, she knows what to do." Bowser begged you.

"Bowser, I don't know, it's just scary thinking about the millions of koopas and goombas I have to watch over..."

"It'll be like a normal day! The koopalings won't come with me because of school, most of my minions will be with me, but there'll be some back here to protect you."

"When is this happening?"

"Tonight," Bowser murmured. "Sorry this is all last minute, I need you to bear with me and just please rule for a couple days."

"I'll do it." You sighed.

"But, what if there was an emergency and I needed you?" You asked.

"That happens literally every day. You'll be fine. If something's wrong, I'll try my best to get back, okay?" Bowser promised.

You nodded, pulling him into a hug.

"When do you leave?" You asked.

"Right after dinner, I'm having a big meeting with everyone. You'll have to be there too." Bowser sighed.

Bowser kissed your cheek and looked into your eyes.

"I will really miss you. Don't hesitate to do anything, just please, don't go into rooms you aren't allowed in. I trust you not to, but I know there's a small chance that you will. Please, just don't try to get yourself killed."

"I won't, I won't."

"Good, dinner is ready in a couple minutes, go wash up."

You ran to your bathroom and washed your hands and fixed your messy hair. You admired yourself for a quick second and walked out into the hall. Bowser was already beginning to eat his food and your food was nearly set in front of you. You sat in your seat and ate your food. When you had finished, all the lights were turned off.

Mario?

You didn't hear anyone scream, but you saw a bright light coming from the kitchen.

"Happy birthday Y/N." Bowser smiled as the light was brought closer.

It was set in front of you.

Oh! It's a cake.

You blew out the candles on the cake, and made a wish. The lights were turned on and no Mario or Luigi were in sight.

Bowser begun to cut the round (your favourite colour) cake and placed a slice on a plate and handed it to you. You begun to eat, and it tasted just the way you likes it. When you had finished, Bowser grabbed your hand and pulled you to the throne room, where crowds pooled in. He say in his thrown and you sat in the smaller throne next to him.

"As you all know, I'm leaving tonight and won't return for awhile. I am for surely coming back soon to check on anyone. I've decided to kidnap the princess and those stupid plumbers. You see, I'll have an easy time taking over the mushroom kingdom. While I am gone, my wife, Y/N, is in charge and will rule temporarily. I have to go now, but I will return tonight. I need lots of dungeon guards to remain back here to keep Haru behind bars." Bowser waved goodbye and left the room with a few of his minions.

You sat in the silent room.

"Uh, everyone do what you usually do, and work hard." You ordered.

Everyone left the room and began to talk. You ran out of the room, watching Bowser begin to open the castle doors. You ran and hugged him from behind. Bowser picked you up and held you tightly. A few tears dripped from your eyes.

"Be safe." You warned.

"I love you."

"Love you too."

"I have to go, don't do anything stupid."

Bowser gently set you down and boarded the doomship, outside the large castle doors. You followed him, watching him exit the castle. The ship flew away and you closed the doors, walking upstairs to your bedroom.

__________________________

Noooo school is back!!! ;-; School isn't too bad, but at least I got a teacher I kind of liked, so this year can't be too bad. Plus, two of my good friends are in my class. For those of you already in school, I hope you're surviving.