Frost Vs. Ice

Prologue

"Hurry up, slow poke!" I yelled back to my twin brother, Jack. I'm Alyssa, his sister. Don't call me Aly please, I really hate that.

"Excuse me for having some fun while we race, Aly." I rolled my eyes. He was the only one I'd ever let call me that.

"Exactly-we're racing!"

We stopped on our lake, the same that took both our lives I'm told. Unfortunately, Tooth hasn't found my teeth and I still had no memory of my past life. Jack tells me the reason I died was because I knew he couldn't swim and jumped into the frozen water to save him. He was just out playing with me when he fell. It didn't matter now, I guess. Everything he touched frosted, I froze beneath it. See, Jack controlled frost, I controlled ice. I had to be around whenever he wanted to stand on water, otherwise he could only walk across it for a short period of time. Frost doesn't hold out well for that. Oh, did he tell you otherwise? Yeah, my brother's a jerk like that.

He smiled, making him resemble myself even more. "Yeah?" He jabbed at me with his staff and I avoided it by jumping into the air. He followed me and started chasing me around.

My only fear was Nightmares. They're the only thing in afraid of, which is why I wasn't around during the fight.

Why did I tell you this? Well, at that moment, I looked into the darkness of the forest and my heart stopped.

"What?" Jack asked.

I opened and closed my mouth as the yellow eyes stared at me. Finally, Jack stepped between us, his eyes fixed on me. He was worried about what had caused this. I found my voice then and mumbled to him the only thing I could.

"Pitch is back."