Chapter 19

Chapter 19

*Jack's POV*

I watched Pitch stand up and grab my sister, but with his Nightmares holding me back I couldn't do a thing about it.

Moser and Mair began swaying a bit and North caught them before they hit the ground. I saw Aly fall unconscious as well and groaned in frustration. Now? Now, of all times?

I shot forward and froze the Nightmares around me, using an anger I didn't know I had, and got Pitch off of Aly. She fell onto a snow bank and stirred. Not unconscious then. "Aly?"

"Stupid ball of light." She muttered. "Jack!" I turned back around and saw Pitch swinging something at me. Not having time to even recognize what it was, I was shoved out of the way.

*Alyssa's POV*

I was weaker than before, but I was strong enough to push Jack over. I couldn't let him be hurt. The kids depended on him.

I was hit on my shoulder, but it didn't go through my skin like it should've. Even Pitch looked confused.

Smiling to myself, I kept walking forward, watching his every advance fail. I shouldn't be able to do this, I felt myself getting weaker and weaker by the second.

"Why would you do that?" Pitch questioned.

"I may not be as strong as I could be after having brought you back from the dead, but I sure as heck won't just stand back and watch you hurt my little brother."

"I'm older," said Jack from behind me.

"Not relevant." I hissed. "Take me instead. I saved your life, I guess it's only fair that you take mine." He narrowed his eyes, trying to see my trick. "Here." I took my ring off, showed it to him, and set it on the ground. He did just as I thought he would-he crushed it.

All of that power and none of the weaknesses rushed into me, but I kept my weak demeanor. No one would be the wiser that I was in fact ready to take him. Suddenly I realized who I was. My powers and thoughts made sense. I wasn't a normal Guardian!

He swung at me and I didn't move, but the shaft of his scythe exploded into blue. "It wasn't me." I said with a small smile, even though it was.

Jack smiled and put his hands up in innocence when Pitch turned to him.

As he swung at me the next time, I still didn't move, but barely felt the end hit me.

"Do you want to know why you can't hurt me, Pitch?" I smirked.

"Please. Enlighten me." His tone was uninterested, but I knew he was dying to find out.

"You see, well, does everyone know the Man in the Moon, a.k.a. Manny?" Everyone nodded. "See, Sami knows how to get to him, Tracy can talk to him, but me? I merely listen like every other spirit. The difference is though, I am him."

Everyone was confused, making me laugh. "Okay, let me try explaining this. When Manny brought me back, he destined me to be an Oracle, the spirit of ice, and a Guardian. But he told me a few days ago that I am not a normal Guardian. I had to figure out for myself what that meant.

"So I did. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to Alyssa Ice, spirit of ice, Oracle, and Guardian of Guardians! Otherwise known as the Guardian of protection." I let the knowledge sink in a bit. "Manny can't be hurt by anything, I'm a teensy bit like him, see, as no one with ill intent can even touch me. That part is still in the works though. Anyway, I've always wanted to protect others and never have anyone protect me, right? Jack knows what I'm talking about."

He smiled dryly.

"That's because I can protect myself and no one else really can. I am the Guardian of protection, who protects all spirits and children of earth. Wow, try doing that for fun."