Chapter 8

Chapter 8

*Alyssa's POV*

Pitch was still a problem, but less of one to me now. I had found my place, and over the past few days had spent no time at all with or around Jack or the Guardians. Oracles were meant to stick together once found, and warn others when something bad popped up in a vision.

I couldn't believe that I was an Oracle. I couldn't believe I'd found a place that I belonged.

"Hello, Sister." I heard a strikingly American accent say behind me.

"Jack, what're you doing here?" I turned and saw him at the door of the castle.

"I can't visit? You went a-wall on us when we know that Pitch is bound to be after you when he figures out who you are."

"Sorry. I've been discovering things about myself I never knew before." I really enjoyed hanging out with Tracy and Moser-but mostly Moser. "Oh!" I grabbed his arm and darted out the door. "We need to go searching for a family name!" I said that quietly, so that Moser wouldn't hear. I had a feeling he wouldn't like me searching about his family.

"What name?"

"Delarosa. It sounds Spanish, but he has an Irish accent. So, I'm curious."

"He? Is this Mason's last name we're talking about?"

"His name is Moser." I said as we picked up speed and flew toward Spain.

"Whatever. I don't like him."

I immediately became defensive. "Why not?"

"Because when I was around, he was always watching you. I don't like anyone who eyes my sister."

"Please." I muttered, though my hopes were rising.

"He does."

"He'd seen me in a vision before I was there. The one time I was around when my vision came true, it freaked me out. Maybe he was a bit freaked out when Kariss showed up with me."

"Who?"

"Mother Nature. Her name is Kariss." His expression said that that was new information, so I laughed. "You didn't think we just called her Mother Nature, did you?"

"We? Who's we?"

"Me and the other Oracles. We, the people I've been hanging around." I looked over at him and he looked uncomfortable.

"Oh." His face contorted into a grimace.

"Wait a second." I said, a huge smile rising to my face as I stopped, him alongside me. "Jack Frost, are you feeling lonely without me?"

"No. What would make you think that?" I rolled my eyes.

"You're an awful liar, Jack."

He sighed. "In the middle of a fight with Pitch where he could want to take and possibly kill you? Yes, I want you around me. Don't forget he's already grabbed you once."

"I know, no need to get your panties in a twist. Besides, I have three very able people around me most of the time."

"You used to have five."

"Oh my gosh! Jack!" I laughed. "You so miss me! You aren't even worried about me! We've been apart before, what's the big deal now?"

"It's nothing." He flew on.

"It is, and I'll find out one way or another."

He shook his head.

"Wait!" I shouted suddenly, realizing something. "Jack, how'd you get your staff back?"