Chapter 14

Chapter 14

*Jack's POV*

We had everything planned down to a tee, and were about to get my sister back. It'd been a few days since she forced me to leave at this point.

The help of a few outside spirits like David and Matthew really put the odds on our side because he wouldn't be expecting them. A few other spirits, who had heard that Aly was an Oracle, were also here. The spirits of the seasons were here as well. Mair was the spirit of summer, which immediately put us at odds. The spirit of the sun came as well, so we had twelve spirits together to force Pitch to give her to us.

The spirit of fall, whose name I forgot, told us he was headed outside and asked me to stop the snowfall. I told him it wasn't me, it was winter, and he sighed. "I'll still be out there if you need me."

He walked out and I meandered around the Workshop, keeping an eye on Mair's position. I didn't want her suddenly throwing a heat flare on me.

"Tracy!" The spirit of fall yelled. She ran over and the season spirits all gathered around him.

His once red hair was now turning white and his fingertips were turning blue. I gasped and backed up a few steps, not wanting to make him any colder. (A/N: anyone seen Frozen yet?)

"What happened?" She asked, wrapping her hands around his. I saw her hands glowing red and knew she was trying to warm him up.

"I saw someone. I don't know who it was. She ran up to me and grabbed my hand." He started to change back to how he looked before.

"You're ice cold." Mair said. "What did she look like?"

"It's Alyssa." Moser exclaimed before he could respond. "I'll go find her. How far away were you?"

"Two minutes. But she started flying off when she saw my hands."

Moser jumped out a window and started flying toward wherever he thought she was. He cared about her. I didn't like it at all, but at least she knew someone did that wasn't me. Wait-did she know?

*Alyssa's POV*

I hurt someone. My skin was freezing cold. How could I get back to normal? I couldn't believe I was stupid enough to touch him after freezing a lock off! I didn't even know his name, and from the look on his face, he didn't know mine either.

I was heading to the Workshop to see if someone was there, but it was snowing and I got lost. I could see easier through the white flakes, but I couldn't see as well as Jack.

I stopped that boy to ask about directions, he should know. Since he was up here, I assumed he was visiting North. But then I had to go and hurt him. Stupid spirit of ice, I wish it was restrained within a bracelet. I wish I'd never hurt him.

I flew away, in a direction I hoped was away from the Pole. I didn't want to go in there and hurt everyone.

When I was a little ways away, I heard someone yell my name. I stopped and my breathing got raspy. "Go away!" I shouted, seeing a silhouette in the distance.

"Alyssa, it's me." He came closer and I saw the signature hair that let me know who it was. He did come. But why did it have to be now?

"No!" I shouted. "Get back! I don't want to hurt you!" He kept taking steps though. "Moser Delarosa, get away from me."

Seeing a frown on his face, I said, "How did you know I was here? Where is everyone else?"

"Spirits from across the world have come to help get you back. Aly, please, let's go back to the Workshop."