Chapter 15

Chapter 15

*Tracy's POV*

I sat on the roof of the Workshop, waiting for something to happen. Sami said that the Man in the Moon had something to say to me, and I guess she'd know, being his sister.

Okay, now let me take a moment and explain some of this. Not everyone in the spirit world is related somehow, but many are. Wondering how I can talk to the Moon? We don't talk about Mom anymore. And why David insists on calling Kariss Mom?

The Moon started glowing and I sat up. "Finally. What'd you wanna tell me?"

I heard Manny's voice in my head then, just like usual. "Alyssa is staying with me for a few days, to learn to control her new power. You and the others must find a way to stop Pitch together and without her, just to be safe. I don't know how fast she'll learn."

I nodded. "What do you want me to tell Moser and Jack? Both of them seem to care about her." Moser was acting strange since she came. He always wanted to know that she was safe and wouldn't let me within a two-foot radius of him, yet he hugged her. The only reason he let my hands hover above his earlier that day was because they would've frozen off otherwise.

"Tell Jack that she is safe and he does not need to worry. Tell Moser that he can visit when he wants. Sami will bring him."

"Why can't Jack visit?"

"He would slow down her learning with questions and prodding for answers."

I snorted. "You're a pretty good judge of character, Manny."

I flew down into the Workshop and whistled, catching everyone's attention. "Alyssa's with the Man in the Moon now, he's making sure she doesn't freeze any of us by accident. We need to stay together though, and stop Pitch."

There were protests about her being gone, but none of them mattered. I caught Moser's eye and nodded off to the side; he nodded.

"Manny says that you can visit Alyssa if you'd like, but don't tell anyone. You're the only one that can."

"Jack?"

"Frost would disrupt the whole process."

He nodded again. "How would I visit her if I don't know where she is?"

"Sami knows and she can lead you there."

"Okay. Thanks."

"Wait, Moser," I said as he went to walk out, "why do you let her come closer to you than me? I've known you much longer and I'd like to think you trust me more."

"It's different with her. I don't understand it myself. I just don't feel comfortable with people getting close to me, but then Aly will just run up and as soon as she gets close I know it's her. I can just feel it, even if I can't see her. And when she does, I don't even feel nervous. I'm glad."

"Oh my!" I said. "Moser, you're in love. That's so cute."

"I am, but I don't know if she is."

"Go visit, then tell me how she reacted. I'll be able to at least guess."

I finished my Cupid-work and walked out, going up to Frost. He was a bit angry. "Winter."

"Resort to seasons now, have we, Mair?"

"Technically you are still Old Man Winter." He grimaced.

"I always hated that name."

"Then Winter you shall be. Manny told me to tell you that Alyssa is safe and you don't need to worry."