Chapter 16

Chapter 16

*Jack's POV*

Two days. It had been two days and none of us had heard from Manny, Aly, or Moser. Not even Tracy had heard from the Moon.

We were trying to lure Pitch out, but Mair and I...uh...we kinda delayed progress. It wasn't really my fault though! She just irritated me!

So we blew up the Workshop. No one was hurt though! Don't think that lowly of me. Her though...anyway, everyone saw us throwing ice and fire at each other and North evacuated the Workshop.

Now, we were standing in the middle of a pile of ash, a small fire in front of us. The globe stood proudly behind us, as if telling us it was the one thing we couldn't destroy.

Everyone was standing right outside of it, glaring at us. North had his arms crossed and a few yetis were sinking to their knees in the rubble crying.

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. "O-oh. Uh..." I ashamedly shot a bit of ice at the fire and put it out.

"This is ridiculous." Reid shook his head. "Look, Alyssa is safe and the only reason I'm still here is because it's an off season for me. If there's nothing left to do but watch the yetis rebuild the Workshop, I'll be going home."

Sandy started shaking his head and a thousand pictures appeared above it at once. Bunny told him to slow down. He did, and told us that if Pitch was still here, the Oracles would always be in danger.

"He's right." I said with a sigh.

"No one asked you, Frost." Mair hissed.

"This isn't the time." I said back, walking toward them. "You may not think it's a problem, but that's my sister that's in danger now. I'm not going to let her get hurt."

"Alyssa's an independent Oracle. She doesn't really need your protection." Said Tooth softly, like she was trying not to make me angry.

"That's the problem. I do everything I can to try to help her, and she pushes me away every time. She isn't here now, so this may be my one chance. I'm going to take advantage of it. You can all leave for all I care. I'm doing this either way."

Lily came up to me. "Sorry, Jack, but I'm not really for helping now that it isn't immediate. Spring is coming soon, and I need to go prepare."

"Great." I gave her a thumbs-up. "I'm not expecting anyone but the Guardians to stay, really."

"I'm staying." Mair said, walking up beside me. "I wanna make sure Pitch doesn't hurt any of us again. I can't even imagine what Alyssa went through down there."

At least she was nice when she wasn't talking to me, I thought.

The Guardians all came over next to me to face David, Matthew, Kariss, Sami, and Reid.

Sami smiled. "I have to stay. I'm Manny's messenger girl."

"Fall is coming in the Southern Hemisphere. I do actually have to go prepare as well." Reid waved goodbye and flew after Lily.

"For the first time, I'm not sure of what I should do." Matthew said. "But I will stand against anyone that threatens my Oracles."

"The Oracles are my best friends!" Kariss sounded offended that I'd question her like that. "Of course I'm staying!"

Everyone left looked at David. He chuckled. "Someone's gotta keep you two from killing each other."

So, at the end of the day, only two spirits had really left. I asked Sami to take me to Alyssa, I didn't want her alone with Moser, but she refused, saying that Manny had told her not to let me go. I couldn't get angry at her-David stuck to me.