Chapter 3

Chapter 3

*Alyssa's POV*

I stayed quiet. I couldn't contact Jack, no matter how much I wanted to. I wasn't hurt, he didn't need to come. If he told the others, they were sure to come too. As long as they brought my wristband, I'd be okay.

Pitch paced in front of me, watching the globe. What was he waiting for? I wasn't important enough that they'd give up their duties to come find me. Jack, maybe, but not all of them.

I picked at one of the feathers on the ground, waiting.

"How can you just sit there like that?" He asked. "Shouldn't you be worried about Jack coming?"

I shrugged, not looking at him. I studied the feather with a frustrated look on my face as I picked at it, holding it in front of me. "He's stronger than--dang it! Ripped another one!" I put the feather down and scrounged for another. I was trying to pull the little furry parts off the longer part, and I couldn't manage it.

He scowled deeply at me, clearly annoyed. I smirked tightly before going back to my feather. "You're so sure that he'll come? What if he doesn't?"

"You must really be doubting yourself if you're asking me." I said, stretching the "really". "Jack's coming. He may be forming a plan before he comes, but he'll be here."

He ignored me after that and I smiled in satisfaction. Finally, some peace and quiet.

But two minutes later, when I'd really started to enjoy it, there was a loud noise. Then Bunny and Jack appeared fighting. "Hello." I shouted down at them. "I was enjoying some quiet, so if you could rescue me without fighting, I'd really appreciate it."

They both rolled their eyes, while everyone else looked grateful. I stuck my tongue out at Pitch. "Told you he'd come!"

"Yes, you're the victor." He replied dryly, slipping off into the shadows.

"Come on, Buddy! We're all friends here, you don't need to be shy." I said, slightly fake-pouting.

Jack laughed from below me. "Is this what you've been doing all day?" A smile appeared on my face and I nodded. He laughed some more.

"Now, did you bring my wristband?" I was sick of being without it. But when all their faces went blank, I face-palmed. "Really? Really, guys? Then someone get me out of this cage so I can get it!"

Jack flew up to me, but Pitch suddenly appeared in front of him. He stopped suddenly. "Bad idea."

"Why?" I saw his grip on his staff shift. Clearly he didn't like the thought of Pitch being between us like he was.

A Nightmare appeared in the cage with me and I screamed, backing away from it as far as I could. Pitch smiled. "I love fear."

*Jack's POV*

"Stop." I said, though I knew my words meant nothing to him. "Let her go." I could see Aly staring at it, frozen. Why did it have to be Nightmares she was afraid of?

"Why?" He mocked me. Then he moved out of my way. "You'll never get in on your own." He'd put a big lock on it that you couldn't open without a passcode.

"What do you want?" I asked, pulling on it as I looked at my sister. Her breath was speeding and hitched as it took a step closer to her.

"I want you to stay in her place. You have a bad habit of interfering."

"Jack, don't!" Tooth shouted, but she didn't come up. Everyone was ready if they needed to intervene, but I was handling it alright.

"Get rid of that Nightmare." I negotiated. It exploded and Alyssa screamed.