Chapter 25

Chapter 25

*Jack's POV*

Alyssa and I ran through the crowd and into a more private part of the Workshop, one of the halls that the party-goers hadn't been allowed in.

"Sh." She put her finger on her lips and I smiled, knowing what she meant.

I knocked and heard North weakly tell me to come in. Looking down at Aly, a pang of sadness hit me. I'm sure it was worse than I knew. She was utterly shocked by the way he sounded.

I opened the door and saw him sitting at his desk, looking very upset. "Jack, I was afraid you fled."

"No." I sighed. "Just went outside to get some fresh air. Mair left."

He nodded. "What they do makes me mad. She was great, great enough they should respect her death. Bunny would be furious."

"They have a good reason."

"I do not wish to know."

Aly flew in silently and gave him a hug around his neck from behind. "Aw, really?"

*Alyssa's POV*

Next was Bunny, and it was a funny sight to watch North and Jack try to convince him I was alive. I was hiding in the sleigh right now, waiting.

"You two 're sick. I'd of thought you'd be upset 'bout this and not be makin' jokes, especially you, Frost!"

"We're not lying. She's alive." Said Jack.

He huffed. North said, "Even if she is not, we must find Pitch and make him pay. So get in sleigh. We go to get others."

Next thing I know, there are Bunny feet by my head. I wrinkled my nose up at the smell but waited for his claws to be deep in the woodwork before I did anything.

"Hiya!" I said, jumping up.

"Crikey!" His furry face went pale. "Ghost!"

I laughed. "I didn't know Aussie's were superstitious!" Then I sat beside him as the sleigh took off and my tone got a lot softer. "But, honestly, I'm not a ghost. I'm back."

"Alyssa?" He gingerly picked one paw up and touched my arm.

"Boo!" I shouted, nearly scaring him off the sleigh. Jack and I burst out laughing at his expression. "S-sorry! I couldn't help it!"

"Tooth Palace." North called back, and suddenly I couldn't breathe.

"Alyssa, how are you here? I just went to your funeral and saw you laying there and you weren't breathing and-"

"You need to breathe, Tooth. Calm down."

"Sorry, but how?"

By the time I'd finished my story, we were at the Sand Castle. I told the others to stay in the sleigh and got out. "Sandy?" I asked as I knocked.

He opened the door and stood there in shock. "It's me. I'll tell you later. We need to go finish Pitch now, I've made him weak enough."

He nodded and we climbed into the sleigh. By that point Bunny was looking semi-normal again. "Sorry about the scare." I said as I poked him.

"Ay, don't worry 'bout it."

I smiled. "Let's go get Moser and Tracy. Then Pitch dies, and this time I won't bring him back."