Chapter 6

Chapter 6

*Jack's POV*

"Hurry!" I yelled, trying to get back to the Pole as quickly as I could to see the lights. We'd crossed South America, but there were too many kids to get to in two hours. North had all night, Bunny all day, and Tooth insisted that she couldn't use any coins because her coin generator only had one coin per tooth and would throw off everything if she were to use any.

Aly was still up at the Pole, lying down in case she passed out again. She insisted that she was fine, but that didn't go very far. She may not know, but when that happened, all three times, it had been that she actually died for a second. Her heart stopped, she didn't breathe, and her wristband stopped working as if she was actually gone. But then, about a minute later, she would come back to life. Weird, right?

I got back to the Pole and saw her walking around aimlessly. "Can this day get any more boring?"

"It's about to get a lot less boring." I tossed her the bracelet. "We need you to go freeze everything you usually do for winter."

"I can't see through the blizzards like you can."

"Too bad, I need you to get out there. Ice is a part of winter, I need the ice."

She sighed and slipped it on. "I'll take my wristband, but I'm not going out there."

"Please, Aly?"

She looked down and thought about it. I didn't really want to leave her alone-what if she got another headache and fell, snow covering her?-but I needed the ice. I've was a key part of winter, and with all this snow, it would need to be a lot thicker than normal, just in case someone wandered onto it.

"I-" she looked up at me and changed what she was about to say. "Alright, fine. But if I get lost out there, it's on you."

"Thanks."

She rolled her eyes and opened a window. "You so owe me for this, Frost."

I smiled as she flew off. I so did, not that I'd admit it. She'd done a lot for me, and I couldn't do anything for her in return because she was too independent. I hoped to repay her soon.

*Alyssa' POV*

I fought my way through the snow, the wind assisting me, but it was still awful. Jack didn't realize that all I did was freeze water and shoot ice from my fingertips. And the former only worked well in really cold conditions.

I made it about thirty feet from the Workshop when I couldn't see anything behind me. If you're asking how I can tell where to go in all this, I have an internal GPS that will tell me where the nearest body of water that I need to freeze is.

I flew for about an hour before reaching the first lake. I landed beside it, trying to keep my hair out of my face because of the wind, which was stinging my eyes and threatening to blow me over. Jack had never made any blizzards this severe before.

As I reached my hand down and touched the surface of the water, I realized that he had lost control of them. Winter had taken over; Jack wouldn't be able to stop this if he tried. Jack may have been the spirit of winter, but winter was a season before we were reborn.

I could hardly see my hand as I felt the water become solid around it. Pulling it out, I felt the last bit freeze where my wrist had been. Usually I couldn't but spread it a few inches, so my whole hand had to be immersed before anything happened well.

As I flew a bit farther, the wind suddenly moved against me and knocked me to the ground. I stood, but it knocked me over again. I grumbled under my breath as I tried flying close to the ground. Stupid weather, stupid blizzards, and stupid Jack making the stupid blizzards.