Chapter 7

Marcel's POV

My heart was beating faster than ever before. It was racing, jumping and spluttering at 1000 miles a minute.

I stumbled out of my house and pulled the door shut behind me, keeping my phone and keys in my hand. My car was parked on the street so I unlocked it and clumsily climbed in.

I turned the key in the ignition an the car sparked to life, the engine rumbling loudly and causing me jump.

What had gotten into me lately? I was so jumpy and nervous.

Taking a deep breath I checked my hair was gelled into place in the rear view mirror and pressed my foot on to the accelerator. The car smoothly rolled onto the road and I turned on the radio.

My phone began to ring but I ignored it, focusing on the road ahead. I let it keep ringing as I sang along to the radio.

I got to the traffic lights and waited for them to turn green just as my phone went silent. 

Moments later, it began to ring again.

I decided it was probably important so I pulled in to the side of the road and answered.

"Hello?" I mumbled, trying to find my voice.

"Marcel, it's Ros," My heart sped up. I didn't understand it. Why did I feel like this? What was going on?

"Hey Rosalind," I said brightly.

"Hey, erm, should i put the kettle on? do you want a cup of tea when you get here? I hope I'm not bothering you..."

She phoned me to ask that? "Yes please, erm, that would be lovely." I stuttered.

"Erm, okay" she laughed.

"Th-thanks," I said, smiling to myself.

"Alright,"

"Bye," I said, and as I was about to end the call, the phone slipped from my fingers and dropped to the floor. I was so clumsy! I fumbled around to pick it up and firmly placed it on the dashboard.

I turned the radio up louder and began to sing along as I pulled out into the road again and carried on driving.

I sang even louder when my favourite song came on and put a lot of effort in. 

I smiled as I sang, truly happy for the first time in a very long time.

I pulled up outside rosalind's house and climbed out of my car.

Rosalind's POV

"Bye," He said and I smiled, turning around and filling the kettle with water. 

I had had the phone on speaker, as I was bustling around in the kitchen when I called him and I couldn't hold the phone myself.

I placed the kettle on the cradle and turned it on.

I almost pressed the end call button, but there was a lot of rustling coming from the other end of the phone.

Suddenly it stopped, and I heard music.

I laughed to myself. Marcel must have forgotten to end the call.

I listened intently to what was going on.

The car engine roared to life and the music got louder.

Singing.

Marcel was singing!