Chapter 18

A/N 2 IN 1 DAY OHMYGOD

Rosalind's POV

"Oh, and I definitely like kissing you too." Marcel said. I grinned widely.

I had never seen him so confident and so happy.

My heart was beating twice as fast as normal as the awkward boy in front of me rubbed circles on my hand with his thumb.

"How do you feel about me?" He asked. "We've said what we like about each other, but how do you feel?"

Marcel looked up from our hands and straight into my eyes. He had beautiful eyes.

"Well," I was suddenly very nervous. "You're my friend." His thumb stopped moving and his eyes filled with worry. "But, I think I'm definitely attracted to you. And I'm nervous about saying how I feel, which makes me think my feelings for you have developed. I know they shouldn't have developed because I'm making this weird for us, but I think they have. I think I like you, Marcel." I confessed, looking down. "Your turn."

"I... I..." Marcel took a deep breath ad stared deeply into my eyes. "I've never spoken about feelings before to anyone. I always hide them. I'm going to tell you the truth, Rosalind." His voice was extremely shaky and quiet. "I have liked you for quite a while, but I've never had these feelings before so I don't know what to say about them. You make me really happy and you make me feel accepted and normal. I really like you." His voice was almost a whisper but I couldn't stop smiling.

"We're so deep today." I chuckled.

"I know."

"What do we do now?" I asked.

"I don't know."

"I like you a lot."

"I like you a lot too."

I smiled.

"Rosalind?" He asked. "What about Niall? I thought you liked him."

"If I'm honest with you, I'd forgotten about him tonight. You were on my mind."

"Do you still like him?"

"I actually don't think I do." I laughed. "Right now, I like you more than I ever liked him."

Marcel smiled and intertwined his fingers with mine.

All of a sudden, his phone beeped and we both got a fright.

I laughed. "Since when do you text?"

"It's probably my mum checking on me." He chuckled, putting his phone on silent and throwing it behind him up the bed.

"Can we keep saying what we like about each other?" I asked. "That was fun."

"Sure, you start."

"I like it when you hold my hand like this."

Marcel smiled. "I like it when you ask me for fashion advice, even though I'm probably the worst person to ask."

"I like it when you're shy. It's cute."

"I like it when you call me cute."

"I like it when you say you like it when I call you cute."

"We're weird." Marcel laughed.

"I know, right?"

"I've had enough of this party." Marcel said.

"Me too, I guess."

"I like it when we agree on things." Marcel poked my side and I exploded in giggles.

"Should we go then?" I suggested.

"Yeah, let's."

We both stood up and walked to the door. I unlocked it and walked outside, followed by Marcel. He was just about to close it behind us when I remembered something.

"Don't forget your phone!" I said quickly, turning and pointing into the far side of the room.

Marcel trudged back inside and I turned back around to see Niall coming up the stairs.

"Rosalind!" He smiled at me. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

"Why?" I asked.

"To do this." He smirked.

"What?" I tried to say, but I was cut off by him crashing his lips into mine.

Marcel's POV

"Don't forget your phone!" Rosalind reminded me as I was about to close the bedroom door.

That would have put a sour tinge on this amazing night if I forgot my phone.

I turned around and traipsed back into the room, stopping to think where I had put my phone.

My eyes scanned the room and landed on what I was looking for, up on the far side of the double bed.

I walked over to grab it off the bed and slipped it back into my pocket where it came from.

Just as I was about to turn and leave, I caught sight of myself in the full length mirror at the end of the room.

I smiled at myself, watching my eyes crinkle at the sides with the genuine joy and happiness all over my face.

For the first time ever, I looked and felt alive. I had never been happy like this before, or proud to have someone to call my friend, maybe more than a friend. 

She was perfect. She liked me for me and wouldn't ever do anything to hurt me.

And then something flashed through my mind which made me smile even more.

What if I asked her to be my girlfriend?

I completely trusted her and she trusted me. We obviously liked each other and I was pretty sure she'd say yes. 

I began to think about all the things we could do. We could go out to dinner and have picnics in the park and do all that romantic stuff that I wasn't very good at but knew she liked.

Grinning widely to myself with my new found confidence, I turned around and made my way to the door which had swung shut on its own, ready to ask Rosalind to be my girlfriend right then and there.

I couldn't have been happier.

Reaching for the door handle I took a deep breath. I stepped out into the hallway.

My heart shattered into a million tiny pieces and dropped into my stomach as I saw Rosalind against the wall, kissing Niall.

"Rosalind?" I said her name, my shaking voice barely a whisper.

She quickly pushed Niall away from her. "Niall!" She exclaimed. 

It was like she didn't even hear me. 

I pushed past the both of them, anger and hurt rushing through my veins, and stormed down the stairs trying to get as far from them both as I could.

Was everything she said a lie?

I made it out of the house and went straight to my car, jamming the keys into the ignition and reversing out of the driveway as quickly as I could. 

I was barely on to the street when the tears started streaming down my face.

To her, I was just another boy.

Just another loser, a geek.

I was just a nerd.

Obviously.

-

-

-

-

Dun dun duhhhhhh

OMG THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 5K READS THAT MIGHT NOT SOUND LIKE A LOT BUT I FREAKING LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!

ESPECIALLY SINCE I STOPPED THIS LIKE HALF WAY THROUGH AND I BARELY EVER UPDATE I KNOW BUT THANK YOU

I LOVE YOU ALL I MEAN IT

xxx