Chapter 16

Marcel's POV

Rosalind was a really good dancer.

She was gorgeous.

I wanted her all to myself.

Everyone seemed to watch her.

I was a little drunk.

She had me taking more shots than most of the experienced drinkers here, but I liked it.

Come to think of it, Rosalind was very drunk. She couldn't really stand straight and she was very loud, but it was very attractive in a weird way.

I hated thinking about her like this. I had no right to do so.

She'd hate me if she knew the way I really thought about her, she'd think I was being creepy.

I just liked her. That's all.

Well of course that wasn't all, but it was all she would ever know.

"Marcel!" Rosalind turned to me while she kept on dancing.

I presumed she was calling me over, despite her actually saying something along the lines of "Marcellllllaaa".

Yeah.

She was definitely talking to me.

"Yes?" I replied, smoothing down my shirt and tucking it in out of habit.

"Why do you do that?" She slurred.

"Do what?"

"You always tuck your shirt in like that. Why?"

Still she kept moving her hips. I smiled.

"I like to look smart."

"But you're at a partyyyy." She dragged the words out like a child.

She stepped towards me and grabbed my wrists, making me hold them up.

"What are you-"

Before I could finish, she gripped my shirt with two hands and yanked it out of my trousers, a little too far up.

Some guys whistled at us, probably thinking Rosalind was stripping me off.

I blushed awkwardly and stepped away.

"You look hot!" Rosalind yelled completely out of the blue, as someone turned the music up even louder.

"Thanks." I mumbled awkwardly, smiling a little.

At that moment Niall appeared beside us, grinning like a weirdo.

"You guys up for some truth or dare?" He asked, winking rather flirtatiously at Rosalind. She giggled.

"Sure," She replied, grabbing my hand and pulling me along behind them.

It occurred to me that Niall seemed to be forgetting that he didn't want to date anyone as he got more and more drunk.

Niall led us into a room which was much quieter and out of the way, better for talking, and truth-or-daring.

There was a small group of people sat in a circle on the floor, taking and laughing. I recognised Rosalind's friend Ally and a couple of jocks from our school. They all looked very shocked to see me.

Rosalind sat down beside Ally, I sat beside Rosalind and Niall sat beside me. A blond girl wearing an extremely revealing and inappropriate dress sat on Niall's other side. She acted very desperate and took every chance to throw herself at him.

"What a slut." Rosalind slurred in my ear. I chuckled.

"Alright everyone, let's begin shall we?" Niall announced. Everyone in the circle cheered a bit and soon enough things got crazy. The only rule was that if you chickened out you had to take a shot.

The jock guys seemed to enjoy daring each other to make out with random girls for specific - and very long - amounts of time.

The 'slut' dared Rosalind to take off her top for the jock guys and let all the guys in the circle touch her boobs. We all knew she only did it because she wanted to embarrass Rosalind in front of Niall and see her take the chicken shot, but even the Jocks said that was too far for the first round, and I smirked as the slutty blond stormed off.

And then it was my turn.

"Truth or dare?" One of the jock guys asked me. I had learned his name was Adam. He was the one that pissed of the blond. He made out with her too, but that's not the point.

No one had picked truth yet, so I decided to go with the flow.

"Dare." I stated firmly.

"I dare you to..." He whispered to his friends for a second and then looked back to me. "Swap shirts with Ally."

"What?" She gasped.

I was so lucky she wore a loose blue number.

We both had to change in the room - it was the most embarrassing moment of my life - but we survived it, and I was glad I didn't have to take the shot.

The game carried on like that for a while, but the next round got more intense. They decided that on my next turn I could have my own shirt back, but something worse was to come.

I picked dare again, not wanting to be the coward of the game like I always was at school. This time it was a brown haired girl wearing too much make up giving me my dare.

"Marcel, I dare you to make out with Rosalind for 20 seconds."

Twenty seconds may not sound like a lot, but when that is the time allotted for you to do something that terrifies you, it is a very, very long time.

I looked at Rosalind sat beside me, unsure of what to do. Her face was entirely blank as she stared at me. A moment of silence in the circle passed and it seemed like a lifetime.

She looked away from me and leaned back.

Ouch.

"I'll take the shot." I mumbled, feeling hurt and pathetic.

I was about to lean forward to grab the glass from the middle of the circle when Rosalind grabbed the sides of my face.

"Don't take the shot." She insisted.

"I have to. You don't want this." This was supposed to be a simple game, but now everything was ruined.

"Who says I don't want this?" She replied, pulling me towards her and locking her fingers in my hair.

She pressed her lips to mine and I closed my eyes, doing what I'd done all day and just going with the flow. She pressed her whole body to mine, moulding herself against me and pulling at my hair as our lips moved in sync. It started to get a little more heated as she ran her tongue along my bottom lip and I parted my lips, giving her entrance. She was so hot. We carried on like that for a while and it seemed like we were the only two people on earth.

"Times up," the brown haired girl announced, but we kept going, earning a couple of sarcastic comments from the rest of the group, along the lines of "keep it PG" and "No porn in here!".

Eventually we broke apart and I smiled widely. Rosalind looked up at me through her eyelashes and smiled back.

I was going crazy.

Absolutely insane.

But if this was what insanity was like, I wanted to be insane for the rest of my life, that was for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:)