The Abuse came to Light... {Pt 2}

As you drove yourself home, you were eager to get sucked into the warm confines of your home. Breaking up with someone wasn't new to you, but what was new is the fact that Matthew had been emotionally abusive for quite some time. Every time you blinked, all you could hear was Matthew say, "This isn't fucking over, you hear?" in that same chilling voice.

That wasn't the bulk of your problems, though. The fact that Mark made his interests known is what scared the shit out of you. Deep down inside, you knew Mark wasn't Matthew. Mark had always cared about your feelings and was an ever-present figure at your side. Personally, you didn't know if you could get into another relationship after what happened with Matthew, be it your best friend or not.

You heard your phone go off twice, letting you know that you had two text messages. You didn't even look at your phone until you were sitting down on your couch in sweatpants and a baggy shirt. Honestly, after the day you've had this is the only thing you really want.

Once you were settled in on the couch, you finally picked up your phone. The nerves in your stomach start twirling about when you saw that you had a text from Matthew, but they calmed down when you saw the other one was from Mark. 

You took a deep breath before opening Matthew's text. All it read was 'You don't realize the mistake you've made today....' 

The fear inside you instantly rose as you read his text. You knew that based on Matthew's behavior recently, he would escalate this. Plus, you knew that once his fuse was lit, hell broke loose. 

You opened Mark's text next in hopes that it would calm you down. 'I know it couldn't have been easy for you, breaking up with him. I'm proud of you Y/N, you stood up to him. Now you can finally let yourself be happy :)'

Mark usually knew what was in your best interest. Sad thing is, Mark hasn't read Matthew's text.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a few weeks later, and you were glad to say you haven't had any issues with Matthew. He's actually left you alone completely, which surprised you. The way he was acting made it seem that things were going to escalate further. Your life was free of Matthew, and that's all that mattered.

In other news, things were starting to play out between you and Mark. Nothing was really official yet, but the two of you had been spending most of your free time together. There also hasn't been any sort of push from Mark's end. It seemed that he would go with whatever speed you decided to take things, and he would go along with it.

As you thought about all of this, you sat at your desk grading student's papers. The teacher you were helping had a family emergency to take care of, so you offered to grade the papers for her. Let's just say it was the biggest fucking mistake of your life.

The assignment was whether you thought Romeo and Juliet's relationship was true love, or if it was just pure lust. You had to provide textual evidence with whatever you thought it was. So many kids got off topic with their assignments so quickly, you didn't know where to begin. From teaching these teenagers you figured out that their attention span is very small, but this was an entirely new level.

As you glanced past a part in a student's paper where they mentioned 'Teen Wolf', you heard footsteps coming towards your room. That's weird, you thought. Your the last one in the building, who the hell would be walking towards your room?

You discreetly reached into your handbag to start digging around for the can of pepper spray you kept in there just in case. Just as your hands grasped the canister, you watched in awe as Matthew strode into the classroom, a bouquet of lilies in his hand.