Chapter 39

Chapter 39

I woke up to the screaming cry of an infant. Only seconds later I heard the screaming cry of another small infant.

I looked over to my snoring fiancé. I nudged him until I heard a groan. “Daniel….. Daniel the babies are crying.

“What do you want me to do about it?” He grunted, keeping his eyes closed. I sighed, “it’s your turn.”

He was silent, obviously pretending to be asleep. I sighed heavily and got up. I walked into the nursery.

Nicole and Patrick were both wiggling in their cradles. I walked over to pick up Patrick. He slowly stopped crying. “You’re getting so much bigger my sweet boy.” I cooed. I picked up Nicole and brought them both in the living room.

“My sweet babies, why so fussy?” They both had stopped crying by this point. Their little eyes open and twinkling at me.

I started with Patrick first, unbuttoning his pjs. I blew a cherry on his belly making him giggle hysterically. I just had to smile. I quickly changed him and put them in clean clothes/

I was in the middle of nursing Nicole when I heard Daniel coming down the stairs. When he got sown to the last step he looked over at me scratching his head.

“Morning” I said, he slightly smiled at me and sat next to me on the couch. He picked up Patrick who was anxiously waiting to be fed.

“Morning” he replied. He walked over and gave me a small peck on the forehead before sitting down next to me.

He picked up Patrick who was anxiously waiting to be fed. “I can’t believe they are a month.”

I looked over at him and smiled, “I know”

I put Nicole in the play pim and started feeding Patrick. Daniel stood up and stretched. “Well Im going to make some breakfast, you want some?”