Chapter 5

Chapter 5

.....................................

Once that hand was placed on my shoulder tinges formed in my body, they were the good kind of tingles. The voice sounded so familiar? I slowly turned my head and staring back at me was some breath taking hazel nut eyes with a splash of green. It was Daniel? But what was he doing calling me honey? "Play along, ok?" He gently whispered in my ear, his voice vibrating so gently it felt so good.

I was still a little confused, the alcohol was still in my blood streams, but I did indeed play along.

"So, I think you were just letting my girlfriend go, eh?" His sweet yet serious voice reached my ears. "Oh...um... hehe Th-this is your girlfriend? I h-had no idea?" And before Daniel had a chance to comment the guy was gone, within a second or less.

I started to gain understanding of what was going on. Daniel walked in front of me and turned to where he was staring in mine. "What are you doing here? You could have done something that you will regret for the rest of your life." he said with a stern voice.

"I am here to have some fun! Why would you really care if I did do something that I would later on regret? Don't you have a girlfriend you should be with?" My voice had become very stern as I continued to stare in his breath taking eyes.

"Jackie? Psh, she's probably cheating on me with Noah the Quarterback of the football team. Hey lets not talk about this here, follow me."

He grabs my hand and we headed out the door. We jumped in his big truck; I'm not sure what type of truck because I'm not good at that car telling stuff?

We headed down Keller Avenue, past about two street lights when we parked in a parking lot.

"We're here." He sounded so excited and cheery. I look around to find out of where we were at. When I saw a building that said 'Big Mama's Café.'

He jumped out of the car ran around to open my door. "You really didn't have to open the door? Its not that hard, you just pull on the little door handle thing and it opens." I commented with such sarcasm. "I know." H e replied with a big grin plastered on his face.

We walked side by side into the café. It was quite nice inside. There were tables and chairs along every window. The walls were a reddish color which made the whole place warm and welcoming. The tiles were a black and white diagonal pattern.

We sat down in a small booth next to the window facing the parking lot. "Well hey there stranger." A voice came from beside us. We both turned and standing there smiling as a woman in her late 30's early 40's.

"Hey Aunt Carly" Daniel replied smiling.

"It certainly has been awhile since I last seen you how are your mother tell her to come and visit me ok?"

"Sure thing Aunt Carly." He replied back

"So enough chit chat, what can I get you two?"

Daniel and I looked at the menu When Daniel asks me "Do you just want to get coffee and a piece of cheesecake?" I nodded then he handed the lady our menus and she slowly walked away.

"You like cheesecake? I asked curiously.

"Oh I love it and this place makes the best in the state. I should know well because my family owns this place." He sat back in the chair placing his hands behind hi head in a relaxed motion.

"So if your family owns this place who is Big Mama?" I quietly commented.

"My Grandmother. She founded this place in 1970...."