Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I slowly turned my head, for fear of what I was about to see. Yet there she was, standing tall and ugly as ever!

"Um, hi Jackie." Her glare was looking right through me. Is she able to sense my fear? I clutched my stomach in protection from her.

"So, how was your summer Janet?" Her voice changed to sweet and caring, which was a total lie. I went along and played her little game.

"It was real good, how about yours?"

"Eh, the usual." Sleeping with every guy she could probably?

I finished my lunch and stood up to go through it away. "Oh my goodness Janet?" I looked at her strangely?

"What?"

"You're pregnant?!" I stated to feel uncomfortable again. I lowered my head.

"Yea, I am." I could sense her evil smile that was glaring at me.

Daniel quickly stood up and grabbed my tray from me. "Sit back down I'll take that for you." I smiled and handed him the tray.

As Daniel left, Jackie sat in his chair looking at me. "So, who is it?"

I gave her an odd look. "Why do you want to know?"

"Is it Daniels?!" She looked shocked. "I nodded my head, still giving her that odd look.

Her expression changed again, to a look that I know too well for her. A look of revenge and payback.

I looked at Kristen who was still sitting there the whole time. She looked at me and knew exactly what was going on.

"Hey Janet, I see Daniel coming this way, lets go meet up with him." I quickly jumped up out of my seat and soon regretted it.

Shocking pain ran through my body, starting at my stomach. Kristen held on to me, keeping me from falling.

She helped me walk towards Daniel as he ran up to me. "What happened? Are you ok?"

I gained strength and looked at him. "Yea, I just stood up too fast or something." His expression of concern went away. He gently kissed me on my forehead as we walked to class.

~*~

I was sitting in my dorm studying. I was listening to my ipod and humming to the songs that I knew.

Daniel was at the football game. I wanted to go with him, but I had to cram for tests. I kept glancing at my phone every second, waiting and wishing for him to text me.

It finally vibrated. I quickly grabbed it. I opened it up and looked to see who it was. "Grrr." It wasn't him... I ignored the message and who it was from and continued my studies.

Hours had gone by. Night fall approached as the sun was disappearing behind the trees. It was about ten a.m. My eyes were getting heavy as I crawled into my warm covers.

I sent Daniel several text messages and got no answer. What could he be doing? Many questions kept popping into my head. I turned off my phone as I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

~*~

Morning came, as I stood outside the school and waited for Daniel as usual. I had my arms crossed in front of me tapping my foot on the concrete as he walked up.

"Good morning beautiful." He had a bright smile on his face. I gave him an unhappy glare. "Why didn't you text me last night when the game was over?"

"I'm sorry sweetness. It was late when the game ended and I didn't want to wake you up." I weakly smiled. How can I stay mad at him? He had a good reason, or so I thought.

He grabbed my hand as we walked into the school. He was in a good mood this morning, which is unusual for him.

"So how was the game?" I looked at him as his hazel nut eyes sparkled at me.

"We won for sure." He was grinning real wide.

I looked at him suspiciously. "You're really happy this morning?" He looked down at me. "I had time to drink my coffee this morning."

I chuckled and continued walking with him. When I heard a voice coming from behind.

"Hey Daniel! I had a lot of fun last night!" I turned around to see Jackie walking past me, giving me an evil smile.

I looked at Daniel who had an angry, yet surprised expression on his face. My mouth dropped open once I figured out what she ment.