Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Where are we going Daniel? We've been driving for like ever!" I looked outside and the sun was slightly starting to set.

"You'll see sweetie. Almost there ok" I sat back in my seat crossing my arms over my chest annoyed.

~*~

"Ok we're here." His chipper voice made me practically jump out of my seat.

"You ok?"

I nodded "yea but you woke me up. And you startled me."

"Oh I'm sorry Janet." He looked down at his seat. I placed my hand on his for reassurance. "It's ok, so? Where are we?"

I looked around hoping I knew where we were. "You have to come see."

He got out of the car and walked around to my door. Slowly he opened it and took my hand leading the way.

The sun was still slowly setting. "How long was I sleeping?"

"Not long," I instantly noticed of where we were when we were heading towards the small arch leading to the one spot I missed the most, Janniel Cove. Daniel came up with the name, its Janet and Daniel put together. I think it's kind of corny, but to see him smile when he thought of it, how could I say no?

Once I walked through that arch my mouth dropped wide open.

"Happy Birthday babe!" He sang as we walked up to the red checkered blanket on the ground.

There was a picnic basket on the blanket, and two of those fake candles that make the scene glow.

I walked over, my eyes starting to blur from happy tears. There was a small circular cake with blue and green icing, my favorite colors. It read "Happy Birthday to a great girlfriend a guy could ask for, I love you!"

The tears started falling down my cheeks after I read it. "What's wrong? You don't like it?" He sounded so sad. I turned around looking at him with a big smile on my face.

I ran over to him and jumped into his arms hugging him real close to me. "I love it! It's the best thing a person has ever done for me."

He hugged me closer and tighter to him.

After a minute we went and sat down on the blanket. There was music playing in the back ground. It was that type of romantic music.

He pulled out a ham and cheese sandwich and handed it to me. I thanked him and unwrapped the clear plastic.

I took one bite out of the sandwich and was amazed. "Wow this is good!" He smiled, "My own recipe."

My eyes widened in amazement. "No way!" He nodded. "You could sell your sandwiches and be like rich!"

His eyes smiled wide as he looked at how happy I was. Then he shook his head. "No, 'm happy the way things are." I smiled sweetly and finished my sandwich.

~*~

When we were done we lied on the grass cuddling; looking at the stars twinkling in the sky.

There was an airplane flying over head. "Do you want pretend that it's a shooting star and make a wish?" I chuckled at him, he looked at me confused.

I shook my head in disappointment. "You got that from that one song."

"So what if I did?" He chuckled. I closed my eyes and thought deeply on what I was going to wish.

Daniel waited patiently once he noticed that I was in deep thought.

I opened my eyes after saying my wish; I blew a kiss into the air. Instantly a breeze crept by us as th4e leaves on the trees flew with the wind.

"What did you wish about?" I looked at him with a stern look. "You know I can't tell you? Or it won't come true?" He smiled that made my heart melt inside.

A minute of silence went by as we sat there.

"So do you want to blow out your candles and eat cake and open your present?"

My eyes sparkled in the moonlight. "Yes." I sang. We sat up and Daniel opened the cake and placed it in front of me.

He placed the candles and lit them with his liter. He sang happy birthday to me. As I blew out the candles.

He then pulled out two plates and two forks from the basket. "You want to cut it?" I snatched the cake cutter from his hands and cut the cake in equal pieces.

We both devoured the fabulous cake. As I was just finishing mine he pulled out a pretty green box with a pink bow and a note attached to it. It read "Happy 19th birthday Janet."

I put my now empty plate to the side and held the box in my hands just staring at it.

"You can open it? I heard him whisper into my ear. "But it's so nicely wrapped I don't want to destroy it." He chuckled. "It's a present it's suppose the wrapping is supposed to be destroyed?"

I glanced back at the glittery box, just calling me to open it. I slowly untied the ribbon. I could feel the anticipation rising inside.

Ripping the wrapping paper of was no job at all before I knew it all the wrapping was left and staring back at me was this white box with words on the to[p that read "Your surprise is inside"

I glanced at Daniel who looked like he was about to have a heart attack. Looking back at the box opening the lid.

My eyes widened from amazement. Could it be? I looked up at Daniel, my eyes wide and full of love for him.

I looked at the black velvety soft box. I took out the small box and was curious to what was inside? Then I decided that I would have to open it and find out myself.

I rubbed my fingers on the soft edges, the lifted it and was stunned to what was shining at me.

*****************************

I accually liked this chapter it was sweet i thought. Ok i have something to say. since school is crazy during the weeks and the weekends are my free time sometimes, i will try my best to upload 2 chapters every weekend. one on friday night and the other one on saturday. if i dont make the saturday one then it will be uploaded that sunday. sound good? :D thatnks to all of you who are reading!! love ya!