Chapter 33

Chapter 33

It’s been a couple months and the twins grow more each day. I am now restricted to complete bed rest for the remaining 2 months. I can’t wait to finally be able to walk again. Daniel and I have decided to get married after the twins are born since I can’t stand and I don’t want to be wheeled down the isle.

“Morning sweetheart.” Daniel placed his arm around my waist, stroking my belly very gently. He kissed behind my ear and along my jaw line. Tingles sprang everywhere like springs jumping.

One of the twins kicked me where Daniels had been. I jumped a little then smiled sweetly. “What do you think the genders are?” Daniel asked questioningly.

“I think we are having a boy and a girl.” I replied.

“How do you know?”

“Well the one that kicked me where your hand is is a boy. So that makes the other one a girl.”

Daniel sat up thinking about it. “You might be right.”

“Might?” I questioned. He nodded as he jumped out of bed. He bent over and picked me up. Carrying me bride style into the living room where he placed me on the couch.

“So beautiful what would you like for breakfast?” He called from the kitchen.

“Hmm. Bacon, eggs, biscuit, and hash browns.” I called back licking my lips just thinking of it.

“Coming right up.” He started flipping eggs around the kitchen and the sizzling of bacon made my stomach growl.

It smelled so good. There was a sudden knock at the door. Daniel turned down the heat on the stove and walked to open the door.

“Hello, my name is Susan Maxwell and this is my family. We are your next door neighbors.”

“Oh hello, please come in.” I looked towards the entrance and Saw a family of five come in.

“Honey these are our neighbors the Maxwell’s.” I smiled and waved.

Mrs. Maxwell was a fairly sized woman. She had thick curly black hair. Her skin tone was a Carmel. Her eyes a beautiful dark brown.

“This is my husband Mark Maxwell, and my three children Jessica, Fred, and Tanya.” The children were adorable looking. They each looked to be around the same age. Mr. Maxwell was a very tall man with no hair and broad shoulders.

“We don’t mean to intrude but we just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood and give you this.” She handed Daniel a pan with something that smelt delicious in it. “You can keep the pan.”

“Thank you.” They said goodbye and walked out. Daniel placed the pan on the counter. It was nicely covered with tin foil. He unwrapped a corner a peaked inside.

“It’s a casserole”

“Really? That’s sweet of them.” He nodded. He went and placed it in the fridge so we can eat it later.

Once breakfast was ready Daniel gave me my plate and a cup of delicious milk. Just as Daniel sat down there was another knock at the door.

“Who could that be?” He muttered under his breath. He walked over to the door again and opened it.

“Hi, we are the Bensons across the street.”

“Oh, come on in.” A fairly large man and woman stepped inside. “Hello I’m Betty and this is my husband Bob.” I waved

“We just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood and give you this.” She handed Daniel an envelope.

“It’s all that we are able to give you. Don’t open it until we are back at our house.” She smiled sweetly. “Oh My Goodness! Congratulations.” Betty looked at me with excitement. I gave a questioning look.

“For expecting, How far along are you?” I chuckled. “I have two months left.”

“Wow that’s close. I nit if you are interested I’d be more than happy to nit cloths for you.”

“Oh that would be great. Thank you.” She nodded. “Well I guess we better get going.” Bob added. “Come on dear.” They both headed towards the door as Daniel shut it behind them.

“They seem nice.” I commented. Daniel chuckled. He stared at the creamy white envelope in his hand.

He walked over and sat down next to me. “Well open it?” I commanded. He smiled as he ripped open the envelope. Inside was a white check. He stared at it before his eyes went completely wide.

“What is it? What is it?” I snatched the check out of his hand and stared at it. It was a check for $500.

If I wasn’t bed ridden I would be doing a dance right now. “Are you kidding me?” I stared blankly at Daniel. He mimicked my expression.

“What are we going to do with $500?” Daniel just shrugged his shoulders.

Daniel then looked inside the envelope and pulled out a note. He read it aloud.

“Welcome to our neighborhood. Here is $500 for you both. Do with it what you please. No need to thank us, we know how hard it can be, being a young couple starting their lives together. Sincerely Bob and Betty Benson.”

“Awe How sweet.” Daniel nodded.

He then leaned over and clashed his lips on mine. The kiss was sweet and lovingly. So much passion and hunger.

He broke the kiss smiling at me. “What was that for?” I asked. He just looked at me smiling.

“What? I can’t kiss my beautiful most amazing fiancé?”

I giggled a little. “I like the sound of that, your fiancé.”

He laughed. “Well it’s true.”

“I know.” I pecked him on the lips one more time before eating my now cold breakfast.

He did the same. Once he took a bit out of his bacon he looked at me again. “So what are we going to do with the money?”

I swallowed some milk and turned to face him. “I think we should put it in the bank and save it up for the twins.”

“Like for college?” I nodded stuffing almost a whole egg in my mouth.

Daniel chuckled and kissed my forehead.

************************

sorry it took so long. Happy thanksgiving to all of you!