Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I added the last detail to my outfit and stepped back to see the reflection staring back at me.

I was wearing a black dress that flowed nicely down to my knees. I had on a small hat that sat to the side of my head, with a net that came over my eyes and stopped at me nose.

The pearls upon my neck were white and added some color besides the black. My shoes were flat and fully covered the edges of my fee and my toes. My hair was put up into a tight bun behind my head.

"You look beautiful." The soothing voice sent tingles up and down my spine. I turned my head to a bright smile with sparkling hazel nut with a splash of green eyes.

He slowly walked into the room gazing at me. The sun from my window shined on his hair making it and amber color.

"Thank you." I replied smiling from ear to ear. I could feel my cheeks redden a little.

My eyes caught on his outfit. "Is that-" "Yes it's your dad's tux." He cut me off and finished my sentence.

"Your mother said that I could wear it since I had nothing good to wear, plus she said that it's never going to be used again."

"Well it certainly looks good on you." I walked closer to him and reached up adjusting his tie.

"Daniel, Janet lets go the limo is here to pick us up."

"Ok mom we'll be right down" I yelled down to my mother who seemed to be very impatient.

Daniel put his arm around my shoulder as we walked down the stairs into the living room where mom and Stephanie were waiting.

~*~

We walked out of the house down the front steps. The air was warm and a slight breeze flowing by. The sun was high in the sky, not a cloud in sight.

The limo was black and long, three windows along each side. Daniel raced to the front of us and opened the door. "What a gentleman." I could here my mom say under her breath.

Daniel simply smiled as I got in. He finally got in and shut the door behind him. It was very roomy inside it. There were seats across from each other and a long couch sort of thing in between the two sets of seats.

The ride there was silent yet peaceful. Mom said that it's a good time to reflect on the day and think of the happy times we had with dad.

After about 30 minutes we finally arrived at the burial site.

~*~

We walked to this big white tent in the middle of the site. The grass was green and the trees were tall. Underneath the tent were chairs to seat about 50 people or so. In front of the chairs was this big hole in the ground, about 10 feet down; maybe more.

Since we were the immediate family of dad we got to sit up in the front of all the chairs. My aunt Rose is standing in the front of us behind a podium.

"First of all I would like to thank you, everyone for coming." Her head was held up high, there was some sadness in her eyes but she was holding on.

"Patrick Clark, was a wonderful man, employee, son, brother, husband, and father." her eyes focused on us.

"He left to go over seas, to fight in the Korean War. He got shot twice in each leg and had to return home. He received a purple heart. He had to deal with the trouble of raising kids."

Trouble? Me and Stephanie were not trouble? We were good kids', she doesn't know what she's talking about?

"Patrick Clark had a good life, it wasn't easy but it was a good one. He was well loved by everyone. He would always lend a helping hand to everyone. So he will be dearly missed."

Other people from our family went up and talked about my dad with stories etc.

After the hours of people talking, all of my uncles went to help burry my dad. They gently placed the casket on a flat piece of wood and twisted this wheel and axel to slowly lower the casket into the ground.

I quickly jumped up from my seat racing over to the hole in the ground where my dad is being placed.

My eyes started to blur as I started to sob. I felt some gentle hands on my arms. They sent tingles run up and down my spine. I knew the touch the instant I felt them.

I looked up to see Daniel looking down at me. My sobs continued as I looked back down to the hole that was now completely filled with dirt. I placed my head in my hands.

Daniel turned me around to face him and gave me a big hug. Just what I wanted was a hug from someone. "Come on we have to go.' He gently whispered into my ear as he slowly pulled away taking my hand in the process.

As we started to walk away I looked behind me. "Goodbye.....Dad." My voice was nothing but a whisper that carried off into the wind. The spring time flowers blew across the empty site making twists and turns around each and every grave.

~*~

I looked towards the door before turning back around facing mom. I walked closer to her wrapping my arms around her shoulders. "I love you mom. I come back home soon to check up on you and Stephanie."

She had a warm tear roll down her cheek. "I love you too sweetheart, and don't worry about us, we will be fine. You go have a fun college experience, but don't party too hard ok?" She had a slight smile on her face as she spoke. I couldn't help but smile as well as I looked back at the door seeing Daniel standing there patiently waiting.

"Ok I'll try" we walked outside and into my green Prius. We buckled our seat belts driving away once more waving goodbye before they disappeared in the distance.

**************************************************

i am sorry for the long wait on this chapter, for you guys i will work very hard to get chapter 11 up early. i start school in 3 days so after i upload chapter 11 the next chapters may come slower, but i will try my best