Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I slowly opened my eyes, the warm sun heat on my cheek, his arms wrapped around me. I could feel the baby moving around inside. It brought a smile to my face.

I stretched my arms over my head, and then rubbed my eyes. I turned over to look at him; he laid there smiling right back at me.

“Good morning sweetness.” His soothing voice calmed my beating heart.

“Good morning handsome.” I leaned in and kissed his soft lips. I felt the baby kick. It made e jump a little.

Daniel had a confused expression. “The baby just kicked.” He smiled once again and placed his hand on my stomach.

“Today is your check-up.” I nodded. I am quite nervous. This is our first appointment, what if there is something wrong? Many questions rambled through my mind.

My rambling of the mind was soon distracted to something else. Daniel was carrying me out of bed. He placed me gently on the ground. My nightgown flowed nicely.

I stretched and yawned one last time before getting on the shower and getting dressed for the day.

~*~

We pulled up to the doctor’s office about 20 minutes early. As we walked in I saw a bunch of other pregnant women there.

I walked up to the front desk and signed in. the lady smiled and handed me a clipboard full of papers.

I went and sat down with Daniel following behind. I sat down next to this one lady who looked like she was about to pop any second?

She smiled as I sat down, then went back to looking at her magazine she held in her hands.

I started filling out the papers, answering the best I can. I turned and looked at Daniel smiling. “If this is a test that I was being graded on, I would most likely fail.” He just chuckled and shook his head. “Well I’m glad it’s not a test then.”

Once I finished I leaned back in my seat. I took deep breaths, trying to relax myself. I don know why I’m nervous? I closed my eyes trying to empty my mind.

I felt a pair of eyes on me. I peeked open one eye and looked around. I noticed the women next to me staring at me? I smiled at her. She imitated the smile. I closed my eyes again.

“Is this your first child?” A voice said. I opened both my eyes and looked at her.

“Yes ma’am.”

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine.” She grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.

“Thank you, is this your second?” I asked questioningly.