Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I thought to myself of what he could possibly want? Did he want to tell me something? I simply just ignored of what he could possibly want and decided that I would just go. It might be fun right?

It felt like everyone's eyes where on me for the rest of the day. Correction everyone's eyes have been on me all day! It's quite annoying.

~*~

Finally the bell rang to dismiss the students to go to lunch. I quickly grabbed my things and headed to the cafeteria.

I finally reached the door to the cafeteria when I heard someone yelling and running up behind me?

"Janet! Wait!" I slowly turned to the direction of the voice and saw Jeremy coming up.

"Hey." I said in a cheerful voice. "Do y-you want t-to go to the café w-with me?" He was breathing heavily from running.

"Oh, yea I'm just going to tell Daniel where I'm going ok?" He had a sad face, but nodded on agreement.

I stepped in the loud room searching for a dirty blonde tall male. Finally I found him sitting with Kristen.

"Hey babe." I gave him a light kiss on the cheek as I came up behind him. "Hey there. Come and sit." He patted the seat of the chair next to him.

I shook my head "sorry Hun, I'm going to a café with Jeremy. Ok?"

Daniel had a shocked expression that went across his face. "Who's Jeremy?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"A friend of mine" I replied. "Hey dude" Jeremy came up from behind me and waved at Daniel showing him who he was.

"Hmm... I don't know? Can I come with?" He started to stand up when I placed my hand on his browed shoulder.

"Honey I'll be fine ok? Its just lunch with a friend ok" He sat back down then sighed. "Fine, I'll miss you." He smiled so sweetly.

"I'll miss you more." I commented, then gently kissed his cheek, then walked out of the cafeteria with Jeremy following close behind.

~*~

I stepped out of his big awesome truck. We were in downtown, the coolest place I think to be at. There's like a bunch of shops, and the river is right off the pier.

I looked around to find the café? "Over here Net." Jeremy grabbed my hand and directed me to a building all alone next to the river.

I slipped my hand out of his when we entered inside. We walked over and sat at a window view seat.

I glanced out the window and was amazed at how the water looked. The horizon met where the sky and the earth touched.

"Hello may I take your order?" I turned to see a woman standing there in a blue uniform holding a pen and pad of paper. "Yes I would like a cup of sweet tea please." The lady nodded and turned to me. "Same" I replied. She then quickly walked away.

I looked down at my hands in my lap and started to play with my fingers wondering what will happen next.

"So Net, um... what do you think? Of the café?" His scruffy voice reached my ears as I looked up.

His blue eyes were gazing at me; he had a slight smile that could make almost any girl fall in love with him.

"Well I think it's cute. I love it" I smiled just as the waitress came back with our drinks. "Thanks" we replied in union.

"So what can I get you to eat?" She sounded like she just wanted us to leave and never come back?

"I'll have a chicken sandwich" I said. "I'll have a hamburger, please." Jeremy smiled at the waitress, and then she walked off.

"She seems friendly?" I commented once the waitress was out of sight.

He just chuckled and nodded his head. "Yea what is her problem?" He chuckled again.

I smiled then looked back out the window. "Whatcha thinking about?" He sounded so calm and at ease.

"Nothing really? Just how beautiful it is outside."

"Yes you are." I quickly turned my head facing his bright smile that reminded me of Daniel's.

"You know I have a boyfriend right?" He nodded his head. "But thanks for the complement though." He smiled again.

"I know that you have a boyfriend because-" He stopped in mid sentence and looked down at his hands in his lap.

"Because why?" He looked up at me with a blank expression.

"Because I'm his brother." I cocked an eyebrow in disbelief?

"How? He told me he was adopted?"

He nodded. "Yes, my mom and dad adopted him. I was about nine years when he came into the family."

"So you and Daniel are like twins yet not really?" He nodded once again.

"Here you go one chicken sandwich and one hamburger." The waitress came and handed us our food.

"Ha I almost forgot we ordered food?" I smiled then dove into my lunch.

"Whoa slow down Net, the foods not going to disappear in a minute, ha ha we have time to eat and get back in time for you to get back to your precious boyfriend."

I smiled shyly and slowly continued my meal.

*****************************

sooooooo sorry it took soooo long!! i was stuck and then life was busy and everything so here you go!! lol ok i am going to promise you chapter 18 tomarrow!! okk! :D hope you enjoyed it!!