Chapter 25

Chapter 25

We sadly had to leave that early morning. I wanted to go tell my mom the news. We said our goodbyes and were on the road.

"So did you have a nice time?" His hazel nut eyes with a splash of green were shining in the early bright morning sun.

"Yes I had a great time. I love your family." "And they love you, from what I kept hearing them say about you." He chuckled as he looked out the front window concentrating on driving.

"What were they saying about me?" I looked at him with anxious eyes. "Well, they told me that I have made a great choice, and that they don't want me to mess anything up. They want you to stay in the family."

I couldn't help but tear up with happy tears. "Babe what's wrong?"

I smiled and looked at him. "I'm so glad that your family likes me, that's all I really want is for them to like me."

His smile was so breath taking; each individual tooth straight and pearly white. "I was thinking? Would you like to start looking for a place? We can't stay in that shed."

Excitement exploded inside of me. "Yes! Oh my gosh I have so many ideas and everything. This is exciting."

He reached his hand over and grabbed mine; tangling our fingers together. "I love you." His eyes were filled with so much love and passion.

"I love you too."

~*~

We finally arrived at my house. I could see my mother running out the front door, her arms spread out wide, like a child when they are pretending to be an airplane.

"Hey mom." I walked over and hugged her. "Oh it's so good to see you. How are you?"

"I'm good mom, how are you?" She looked at my stomach for a couple of seconds. She had a blank expression on her face. "Mom?" "Oh I'm doing just fine." She looked back down at my stomach. Then she looked up at me. I was quite confused, but ignored it. "So where's Stephanie?"

"She is at a friend's house, she should be home soon, but I doubt she will." I chuckled a little. "Who does she remind you of?" My mom chuckled a little. "She reminds me of you."

We all headed into the house. The smell of fresh apple pie filled the place. "What are you cooking mom?"

Her eyes sparkled with delight. "An apple pie; today is mine and your fathers wedding anniversary and you know how much he loves his pies."

I chuckled of the thought. Last Thanksgiving before my dad died, he practically scarfed down the apple pie before the celebration even started.

My flashback was interrupted by the oven door slamming close. We all entered the living room and sat on the couch.

"So what brings you here to visit?"

I cleared my throat, she didn't seem too happy for our visit? "Well mom we have some news to tell you."

She nodded her head giving us her full attention. "Well, Daniel and I are getting married." I smiled hoping she was happy for us.

"Oh that's nice honey" She had a sweet smile, but it seemed like something was missing? "I am happy for you both." She was still smiling, but she didn't seem real excited?

"There's more, I'm pregnant. So you're going to have a grandchild soon." I had a big smile hoping that this would make her very happy.

She just glared at me. "Mom? Are you ok?" She stood up without breaking her glare on me. Her arm rose as she pointed to the door. "Both of you please leave." Her voice sounded stern. What did I do wrong?

"But mom...-?"

"I said leave, please."

We both stood up. I was very confused? Why is she acting this way? As a child she has always talked about getting grandchildren.

As we walked out the door, I could here the door slam behind us. "Well that went well?" Daniel commented. "Yea I know? I don't understand what her problem is?"

"Let's not let her spoil our good mood ok? Let's go shopping for a new house."

I clapped my hands in excitement.

~*~

We were sitting in that café looking at a newspaper. "How about this one?" He pointed to a White house, which was quite plain in the front yard. No trees, nothing that caught my eye.

"No it's too plain."

"Honey, so far you haven't liked anything that we have looked at?"

"I'm sorry, but it's going to be our first house, I want it to be perfect!"

"Is there such thing as a perfect house?"

"Yes Daniel there is! Like........... This one" I pointed to a cream colored house with a nice size front porch. A couple trees in the front yard and a white picket fence.

"Do you want to get this one?"

"No, but it's nice."

"I thought you said you liked it?"

"I did? But I don't want to get it because its' not an absolute favorite, it's cute but I want to keep looking."

"Ugh, women." He mumbled under his breath. I gave him a 'watch it' glare before looking at the paper again.

***********************************************

I am sorry i have failed all of my readers. I didnt get to upload this chapter yesturday........ im sorry. I have so many other things i want to upload!!! like an esay called 'scars.' so if your interested look for that, i will try to upload it soon, as for the next chapter going to be uploaded by the weekind. hope this chapter was ok! please vote and comment!! <3