Chapter 23

Jo - What do you -- what do you remember about your dad? What's the first thing that pops into your head?

Dean - . . .

Jo - Come on. Tell me.

Dean - . . .

He looks at me then to Jo.

Dean - I was 6 or 7. . .

Amy - Wow. You open up to her and you shut me out.

I say in my mind and shook my head and I was a little offended.

Dean - And, uh. . . He took me shooting for the first time. Bottles on a fence -- that kind of thing. I bull's eyes every one of them.

He looks at me and I only focused on the papers listening to them.

Dean - And he would smile like. . .

Jo - He must he been proud.

Dean chuckles and he kept glancing at me.

Dean - What about your dad?

Jo - I was still,in pigtails when my dad died, but. . . I remember him coming home from a hunt. He'd burst through that door like -- like Steve McQueen or something. And he'd sweep me up in his arms, and I breathe in that old leather jacket of his. And my mom -- was so sour and pissed from the minute he left -- she started smiling again. And we were. . . We were a family. You want to know why I want to do the job? For him. It's my way of being close to him. Now, tell me, what's wrong with that?

Dean- Nothing.

Jo - What about your dad, Amy?

Amy - Isn't it sad when someone asks you if you're ok and they want to open up to you but they shit you out and you get used to it and Al I'm going to say -- I don't open up anymore.

I looked at Dean only and he knew what I was talking about.

Amy - He died, all I can remember is a demon killing him by using my own body. And killing him with my own bare hands, that's all I remember and the other things that I remember from my dad was that he --

Sam comes in and I stop.

Dean - Where's the coffee?

Sam - There are cops outside. Another girl disappeared.

I stayed in the room until Dean wanted me to go with him.

Amy - No.

Dean - Come on. You're going to help me.

Amy - Why did you keep glancing at me while talking about your dad?

Sam and Jo were there waiting and gathering some things up.

Dean - Not right now, come on.

Amy - I wished that my father was like yours.

Jo - Why?

Amy - Because he kept harassing me. . . Sexually and my mother was hit by my dad. And every time I wake up I see bruises on my mom. . . The most sad thing about my dad's death was that I liked watching him die in front of me.

Jo - . . .

Amy - I killed my father because of that demon that was inside me. And god -- how much I wanted to hit try dad for hurting my mother and me. But then that demon decides to kill my mother too, just for the fun of it. And this is why I don't like talking about my father in front of people, because, it makes me feel like a murderer.

Dean - Ok. You don't need to go with me, but stop saying those things. You guys go, I'll handle her.

Amy - Handle me?