27

When it became night we went to Evan's home. And Dean knocks. Evans opens.

Sam - Evan Hudson?

Evan - Yeah.

Dean - You ever went to Lloyd's about 10 years ago?

Evan closes the door and locks it. He hid and thought we were here to end his life.

Dean - Oh, come on, Evan! We're not demons!

Amy - Any other great ideas?

Dean kicks the door and opens. We run upstairs and I see a two door room.

Amy - There.

Dean was about to kick it but Sam grabbed his foot and puts it down. Sam looks at the handles and he opened one and looks at Dean and Dean's shrugged his shoulders at him.

Amy - Evan?

Evan - Please! Don't hurt me.

Amy - We're not gonna hurt you. We're gonna help you.

Dean - We know all about the genius deal you made.

Evan - What? How?

Sam - Doesn't matter. All that matters is we're trying to stop it.

Evan - How do I know you're not lying?

Dean - Well, you don't, but we're all running out of options. But you're kind of running low on options, there, buddy boy.

Evan - C-Can you stop it?

Sam - Don't know. Well try.

Evan - I don't want to die.

Amy - Than you should have maybe though to through, Evan.

I say with a soft voice walking to him and I put my hand on his shoulder. And I go back to close the doors and lock them and I went to Sam and Dean.

Dean - Of course you don't.

Sam - Dean, stop.

Dean - What'd you ask for anyway, Ev, Huh? Never need Viagra, bowl a perfect game, what?

Amy - Back off, Dean.

Evan - My wife.

Dean chuckles.

Dean - Right, getting the girl. That's worth a trip to hell for.

Sam - Dean, stop.

Evan - No. He's right. I made the deal. Nobody twisted my arm. That, uh, woman, or whatever she was, at the bar, she said I could have anything I wanted. I thought she was nuts, at first, but. . . I don't know. I was -- I was desperate.

Sam - Desperate?

Evan - Julie was dying.

Dean - You did it to save her?

Evan - She had cancer. They had stopped the treatment. They were moving her into hospice.

Amy - Oh, my god.

I turned around and gave myself some space.

Evan - They kept saying, "Matter of days." So, yeah, I made the deal. . . And I'd do it again.  I'd have died for her on the spot.

Dean - Did you ever think about her in all this?

Evan - I did this for her.

Dean - You sure about that? I think you did it for yourself. . . So you wouldn't have to live without her. But, guess what, she's gonna have to live without you now. What if she knew how much it cost? What if she knew it cost your soul? How do you think she'd feel?