Treize

🌿🌸🌿
"Art and love are the same thing: It's the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you."

-Anonymous

🌿🌸🌿

Gentle humming was heard throughout the house as Tyler went about gathering dirty clothes that was littering his floor and putting them in the washer.

He runs the water and puts in some detergent before shutting the top and looking at the time.  Ten more minutes and Josh would be coming over.

Josh had said he wanted to hang out with Tyler today, and Tyler agreed with the exception that it be at his apartment. Tyler doesn't feel comfortable with going to Josh's house because he knows it'd be big and fancy.

So when the floor was clean of dirty clothes and the black leather couch was adorned with aesthetically pleasing white and black pillows he smiled.

He felt like his apartment was cozy. It wasn't too much, but it wasn't too less. It was exactly what he needed, and he didn't feel comfortable with the idea that Josh lived in a house big enough to be considered a castle.

A knock at his front door startles him and causes him to grab at his chest and roll his eyes at his jumpy behavior.

He opens the door and is greeted with freshly dyed blue hair and a warm smile.

"Tyler!"

A tight lipped smile was thrown the man's way as he allowed Josh to step into his house and shutting the door behind him.

"What do you want to do?"

Wondering eyes show interest in the paintings hanging from nails on the plain walls as he speaks and Tyler appreciates that Josh is taking time to admire art.

His art.

"Do you want to watch a movie? I'm actually a bit tired," Tyler suggests as he motions to the TV and then the couch.

Curious brown eyes continue to wander as he nods his head once and follows Tyler over to the couch.

They sit a friendly amount apart as tyler grabs the remote and presses play.

"Me and my friend, Halsey, was going to watch Wall-E, but she and Melanie decided to go on a date instead," Tyler explains as the advertisements play.

"Why do you hang out with me?"

The words were more curious than accusing, but it did have both tones dripping from them.

Josh's lips purse as he looks at Tyler in surprise.

"You're different. You're like one of those cliche people in books that have the answers to the world inside their head, only you're a real, living- breathing person. You intrigue and fascinate me in so many ways. I like being in your presence, it's peaceful."

Tyler bites his lip and and nods his head in response. He doesn't believe Josh, but he knows if he says what he's thinking he'll shower him in compliments. He honestly isn't looking for a pointless argument.