Vignt Six

"I tremble at the thought of falling in love with a tiny part of someone and mistaking it as a whole."

-Rupi Kaur

🌸🌿🌸

The sky was a dark violet hue with bright stars carefully placed among particular points to create a breathtaking piece of art.

Josh laid awake as he held the small boy beside of him in his arms. Tyler's mouth was open slightly, and drool was slowly falling onto Josh's arm and bedsheets, but he couldn't bring himself to care.

Tyler's soft snores were appreciated as they reminded Josh that Tyler was here.

Tyler was home, safe in his arms, and lying in his bed.

Josh had missed the small boy. This relationship, they still haven't talked about, was formed accidentally, but one thing's for sure:

Their love was no accident.

Within the few months Tyler was gone, Josh was a wreck.

He realized that he had everything he could ever want: money, fame, friends, an easy job.

He was just lacking someone to share it all with.

Someone who didn't care about money. Someone who walks in the rain without a care. Someone who didn't want popularity or fame.
Someone who just simply wanted to live and learn.

He was lacking Tyler.

Now that the small brunet laid in his arms, sleeping with his limbs tangled with Josh's, it all seems right.

Living without Tyler was miserable and he hopes he never has to experience that again.

Tyler shuffled before opening his eyes and looking up at Josh in confusion before faintly smiling.

He blushed as he wiped the drool from his mouth and noticed it was also on Josh's arms and sheets.

"Sorry"

Josh just chuckled before cuddling closer to Tyler and resting his head in the crook of Tyler's neck.

"It was an honor," the eldest joked as he pressed a kiss right under Tyler's ear.

The room went quiet as Josh kept pressing soft kisses to Tyler's neck, enjoying the way Tyler's body relaxed at his touch.

"You deserve an explanation," Tyler said out of nowhere as Josh kept pressing kisses to the boy's neck, occasionally nipping at the skin.

Tyler's breath hitched as Josh continued, but took his silence as a sign to go on.

"I left because I was scared of loving you. It's not a secret we're complete opposites, and this relationship happened on accident. What if I loved you because you were a mystery; a new book I haven't read or a note left on an empty table I pass by? I know I fall in love with adventures, and that's what you are. You're this mysterious, exciting, brand new journey that I want to discover, but what if it's not what I was after? What if you're not the adventure of my life? What if you're just an adventure in my life? Love is terrifying. I'm giving someone the chance to know me completely and hope they choose to still love me for my flaws and my wrongs. I'm afraid of loving aspects of people rather than the person."

Josh pulled back as he looked Tyler in the eye before saying his next words:

"You're so beautiful I can't begin to explain the reasons I love you. I can guarantee you that I love you, every single atom invested in creating your soul. I love every single trace of stardust that resides in your bones, and the constellations spread over the bridge of your nose. I love the way your eyes are the color of burnt amber in the sun, and I love the way you carry yourself. You're so goddamn beautiful, Tyler."

Tears fell like raindrops from his eyes as he hugged Josh closer with small sobs. With dew residing on the life growing outside, Tyler and Josh were rejuvenating their own life within their arms.

The beauty of life.

"Finding your way doesn't mean you always know where you're going. It's knowing how to find your way back home that's important."

-Clare Vanderpool.

🌸🌿🌸
A/n

The epilogue is next, this book is so close to being over and I may actually cry.

I love you, my lil' spookies💞

👽Stay • Alive💀

-becca🌸