Chapter 17

I dressed up in a black, strapless dress that touches the floor. There were little jewels scattered around the waist. It wasn't too fancy but definitely not casual. For shoes, I wore black pumps. My makeup consisted of dark, bloody lips and brown, smokey eyes. I curled my hair, emphasizing my natural waves.

Once I finished getting ready, I went into the kitchen to get a bloody snack. I grabbed a blood bag from the fridge and heated it up, then poured it into a glass. I took a sip and savored the delicious, coppery taste.

"Why are you dolled up," Basil asked as he strolled into the kitchen.

I turn back to face him with a smile, "Elijah dragged me into a tea at the Historical Society. I figured I would dress up because it is at Carol Lockwood's mansion."

Basil stood in thought before responding, "You know, I have not seen Elijah ever since he came back."

"True. He is picking me up soon if you want to say, 'Hey, it's been awhile since your sister broke my heart and you daggered my sister's love,'" I said smugly, taking a sip of the blood.

He glared at me as he went to the fridge, "Ha. Ha. Very funny, Alexandria."

I smiled at him with fake innocence and he rolls his eyes. As I drank the rest of my glass of blood, the doorbell rings. I hesitantly look up at Basil whose face went blank. Quickly, I placed my empty cup in the sink and rinsed it out. I went to the front door and opened it which revealed Elijah in a suit (as always).

"Lijah," I breathed out with a small smile.

He grinned back at me, "Hello, Alexandria. You look beautiful."

I smiled lightly as I looked at the floor, an attempt to hide my blush, "Thank you, Elijah. You look great."

"Thanks, shall we?" He asked, holding his arm out for me.

"Wait!" A voice shouted from inside my home.

Basil came rushing out holding my black purse.

"You forgot this," Basil said, handing me my little purse which I took.

"Thank you," I said quietly, looking at Elijah's reaction.

Elijah had visibly tensed as his eyes bore into Basil. Basil also stiffened as they locked eyes. For moments, they just stood and stared at one another. The tension was unbelievable; it suddenly seemed harder to breathe.

"Are you two just going to stand and stare or what?" I asked, my tone sharp like a razor.

"Of course not. That would be weird," Basil muttered, keeping his eyes on Elijah.

Suddenly, Elijah spoke up, "It has been a long time, Basil."

Basil nodded, "Yeah, about three hundred years, give or take."

"It has. You look well," Elijah said, his voice thin like paper.

"As do you. Is Rebekah around or just you?" Basil inquired, raising an eyebrow at Elijah.

Elijah's eyes twinkled, "That is precisely the reason as to why I am here."

When Basil stood in silence, Elijah continued, "Niklaus has daggered everyone in my family. He has daggered Rebekah. He has daggered Kol." His eyes flickered towards me before setting them upon Basil again, "He has daggered Finn. I am the last one standing if you would say."

"I still do not understand why you are here," Basil said, trailing off. His eyes held disappointment due to the dagger in Rebekah's heart but he tried to hide it.