squabble

Rj begged Nanay Maryann if he could peep into Maine's room.

"Sorry...." Nanay Maryann shook her head and stood up to talk to the other people.

Rj just slumped back down in his seat, defeated.

No one knew that just the day before, he and Maine had actually gotten into a discussion about their work schedules and habits.

"....Maine naman....3 days ka nang di kumakain sa oras o....."

"....eh ikaw, ngongo ka na rin ah...."

"....kaya ko to...."

"...pwes! Kaya ko rin!"

This was their heated exchange the night before when Rj noticed that Maine had barely touched her dinner and kept on checking on her phone, mentioning about her scheduled events in their conversation.

Later that evening, he barely got any message from her.

"Goodnight, Love."

"Goodnight." was her short reply. The shortest one he's gotten since her schedules became full.

"Love, sorry na. Talk to me please." His message the morning after. She didn't reply.

He knew that she was in her "tampo" mode again. He persuaded her with her favourite sweets and a sweet note but all he got was a short, "Thank you" message via text. He was wracking his brains how to "win her back."

When she collapsed, the last thing that was Maine's mind was that she was going "home" to Rj's embrace. They had fought (again) the night before and she was just thinking too much of her event that afternoon. She was planning to apologize to him by cooking him his favourite sinigang for dinner. She was aware of the workload she had taken on and was planning to talk to management to return her to her "regular" schedule; one that wasn't as hectic.

Doc Mike had put her on medication to make her relax and sleep more. She was restless when she came to after her collapse while in the ER. She finally "woke up" the following afternoon after her collapse.

"Nay....si Rj?" She asked her mom when she gained consciousness.

"....sabi ni Doc Mike, complete bed rest ka muna.....no visitors.....ako lang o si Colleen ang pwedeng pumasok...."

"....paano yung....."

"....nakausap na namin sina Mr. Tuviera....inaayos na yung schedules mo...."

Maine could only stare at the ceiling as tears rolled down her cheeks.