recovery

"How are you feeling?" Maine asked as soon as she entered Rj's room the next day.

He just smiled, but with eyebrows furrowed, still feeling a little bit discomfort after his tonsillectomy the day before.

"....sabi ng Dad mo, uuwi ka na raw tomorrow kung okay yung tests mo..."

Rj opened his mouth to speak but closed it again and closed his eyes also in pain.

"...don't force it, love...." Maine said as she offered him an ice chip he could suck.

Maine spent the day at hospital and took care of Rj. She watched him while he slept and fed him soup and soft foods. He was on a soft diet for a week, which he did not really particularly enjoy. The next day, he was discharged from hospital but was ordered to stay recover for 2 weeks before taking on any work.

"....ayaw...." he whispered.

"...tiis lang ng konti, Babe...." Maine would say as she fed him. "At least makaka-ice cream ka naman after this....next week...."

Rj just gave a weak smile.

After more than a week home, Rj requested if he could go "home" to Maine's condo instead of his house in Laguna.

"....para-paraan ka rin, ano anak?" Daddy Rich shook his head and chuckled.

"...Dad....recovering...."

"...at ginamit pa ang "recovering" card....ewan ko sa yo!"

"Asus! Ang baby ko o....naglalambing...." Maine said as Rj settled on the couch of her unit after she plopped beside him when he arrived.

"....feed mo ako?"

"Pabebe ka!" she slapped his leg

"...sige na....sick pa ako e....sakit pa...."

"Arte....arte....." she said as she pinched his nose.

"....sige na....plithhhhhhh"

"Ahh ganon....sige, ang baby, di sa lips nakikiss....."

Rj was about to complain when Maine continued....

"Pero.....masarap silang i-kiss sa kili-kili!...."

She then raised his arm and "dove" into his armpit while tickling him on his side (his ticklish zone) like a mom cuddles and plays with her baby.

This drove Rj into fits of laughter.

"Maaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" he wailed. "Tama naaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!" he kept on laughing and laughing as Maine continued to tickle him din different parts of the body.

In their playfulness, she ended up laying on top of him in fits of laughter. He was also tickling her now and she could only bury her face in his chest as she tried to wiggle her way out.

The only time they stopped their foolishness was when Rj complained that his throat was painful again and Maine had to give him some ice and cold water to soothe his throat.

"Yan kasi....ang kulit na baby ko e...."

"Kiiiiiiiiiiiith mo ako para di na ouchie.....ouchie pa e......" Rj pleaded and pouted like a five year old.

Maine smiled and gave him a quick peck on the lips.