gifts

"...sige Meng....pack up ka na....uwi na...." Direk Pat told Maine as she walked back to the standby area after shooting some scenes of her soap.

"Huh?...diba may 3 sequences pa ako?"

"...na-edit na yun...sige....sa next taping na ulit..."

"ahh...okay...sige, bye..." Maine, although confused, bid Direk Pat and the staff and crew goodbye. She was tired, more tired than the previous days. Upon hearing the words, "pack up", all she wanted to do was to go home and rest.

"....yes, full-body massage please...Maine Faulkerson...8pm....yes...." Maine ordered for a home service massage as she rode home.

"Good evening, Ma'am..." Ate Jen, one of their helpers, greeted Maine at the door and took her bags.

"Good evening Ate...ang mga bata?" Maine greeted the helper. Rj was out of town for some commitments and a shoot of his own.

"...uhh....nasa kitchen po sila....pero sabi sa akin, wag daw po muna kayo pumunta dun....antayin nyo nalang daw po kayong tawagin for dinner...." Ate Jen spoke hesitantly.

Maine wondered what her kids were up to but played along and went to their bedroom to change and rest for a while. It was a rare time when the house was a little quiet. Maine could hear the kids talking and arguing a little in the kitchen but they were generally more quiet. Just as Maine closed her eyes, hoping to nap for a few minutes, she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

"...Mooom?....are...you...sssleeping?" RT's voice from behind the door.

"...no, Love...come in" Maine said as RT pushed the door open and came in. He climbed on the bed and gave Maine a kiss and a hug.

"...Mom....let's eat...." he smiled.

"Okay...wait....I just need to go to the bathroom..." Maine said as she got up from bed.

After a few minutes, she went with RT and hand in hand, they walked down to the kitchen. Maine noticed that RT seemed to be struggling between pulling her and stopping himself. He was excited about something. When they got to the kitchen, the dining table was set for dinner but it didn't look like the "formal" and "normal" way it was regularly set by the helpers.

There was a bunch of flowers which were in a jar in the center and the plates and utensils were mixed up and looked messy.

"...sit down, Mommy!" RT said as he guided Maine to her seat. Iggy pulled her seat for her and she sat.

"...thank you...." Maine was pleasantly surprised by these little gestures of her sons. "....what's this?" she chuckled.

"...for you..." Rj appeared from behind the kitchen wall that lead to the cooking area with a big bouquet of yellow carnations, Maine's favorite.

"Wow...thank you....thank you....but for what?"

"....hahahaha! I was surprised myself....Eena called me the other day to ask when I was coming home and said that I should come home right away....I was able to book an earlier flight....I arrived this morning lang...." Rj explained chuckling as well.

"Mommy! I....fi...fixed...the table!" RT announced.

"Oh wow! Nice work RT!" Maine praised a beaming RT who sat at his place at the table.

"I put the flowers! I put the flowers!" Charm squealed in delight.

"They're very pretty, Baby!" Maine smiled.

"....buti nalang hindi yan yung mga bulaklak nyo, Ma'am....hahaha!" Yaya Cherry shared, amused at her ward's antics.

"Hahaha! ....kanino yan?" Rj laughed.

"...halos lahat ata ng madaanan naming mga halaman sa may park pauwi dito, hinanapan ni Charm nung bulaklak e...." Yaya Cherry continued.

"...may natira pa naman sana..." Maine laughed.

"....hahahaha! opo..nahirapan na rin kasi syang hawakan kaya di na nakakuha ng iba pa...." The adults laughed, including the other helpers in the kitchen.

"Where's Ate?" Maine asked about Eena.

"....here....Mommy, close your eyes please and Daddy also...." Eena called out from inside the kitchen, behind the wall.

Maine closed her eyes and she could sense movement around her. She could hear the kids moving about the table.

"....sit down na!....Charm, don't touch....Iggy, sit na....RT, sit down..." Eena whispered loudly. "Okay, Mommy...Daddy....open your eyes...."

The table now had dishes of pasta and some meat and a basket of bread.

"Tadaaaah!" Eena announced as her parents opened their eyes.

"Wow!" Rj exclaimed.

"Ate! Did you cook this?" Maine, wide-eyed and genuinely surprised, exclaimed.

"Yes!" Eena beamed.

"I helped!" Iggy piped in.

"Me also!" Charm squeaked.

"Me! Me!" RT half-stood from his seat.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Maine cupped her hands on her mouth and clapped. Tears were threatening to flow down her face. "...why?"

"...uhmmm....kasi....we know that you're always very busy and tired....and you have to take care of us pa....like when Charm and I got sick...." Iggy explained.

"Good job kids! You made Mommy very happy!" Rj said.

"...let's eat na! I'm hungry!" Charm piped which caused everyone to laugh.

After dinner, they had dessert of Maine's favorite ice cream.

"This is sarap!" RT exclaimed and everyone agreed.

As the helpers cleared the table, Iggy took Maine's hand and lead her to the family room. Maine was still a little bit confused but followed and sat beside Rj on the sofa.

Each child presented Maine with a gift, hug and lots of slobbery kisses as they played and tickled each other, filling the room with giggles and screams from the kids. "We love you, Mommy!" they said in unison as they hugged her.

Maine went to bed that night tired but her heart was happy, very happy. Her kids' gestures and gifts were her treasure but the greatest treasure was still to come.

"....I love you...." Rj said as he embraced Maine while they laid in bed.

"I love you...so so much...." Maine turned and kissed him.