spring

Later that day, Maine and Rj made their trip to the hospital in preparation for the birth of their twins. However, as soon as Maine was settled in the room that they got, she felt pains in her belly. Doc Ann was immediately called for and she confirmed that Maine was having contractions already.

They whisked her to the labour room and followed most of what the husband and wife agreed on their birthing plan.

"Maine....your babies are excited to come out na...." Doc Ann said as she monitored Maine's labour.

Maine could only smile a pained smile as wave after wave of contractions came.

Rj was also beginning to show signs of "first time daddy stress". He kept on pacing back and forth and sweat would form on his red-face when he'd hear Maine groan in pain.

"Maine....do you want to proceed to have your babies born naturally or do we do a c-section?" Doc Ann wanted to confirm with Maine when her contractions seized a little bit.

Maine looked at Rj who was also at a loss for words.

"....kaya mo pa ba?" Rj asked his wife.

Maine nodded tearfully.

She had contractions for another couple of hours until they decided to push through with a c-section.

Rj entered the operating room dressed in scrubs and a mask with his phone to take photos and videos of his family. He asked Doc Ann for a pill to take before Maine's procedure because he felt that he might pass out (again) when the "action" began.

"....eto....baka naman ikaw ang ihiga namin dito ha?" Doc Ann teased as she handed him the medicine.

Maine was given anesthesia and the babies were ready to come out.

"....it's a girl!....." Doc Ann announced as she placed little Athena on Maine's belly. Both parents were overjoyed to see their little princess for the first time.

"....and.....here is your boy!" Doc Ann placed little Siegfried next to his sister.

Both babies were wailing as soon as they realized that they were out of their mommy's tummy but almost immediately calmed down when they were cleaned and returned to Maine's chest.

Rj was crying happy tears as he kissed Maine and his babies before joining his family outside the operating room.

Everyone was happy to see Rj smiling despite his puffy eyes.

"Congratulations!" said the sign held up by Angel, Rj's little sister.

He lifted her up and kissed her then knelt down when he put her down. He bowed his head and said, "...Thank you, Mom.....Thank you......I love you!"