yayas

"....Yaya.....Yaya Cherry!" Eena was standing in front of Yaya Cherry seemed distracted while the kids played in the park.

"Huy Cherry! Kanina ka pa tinatawag ni Eena o...." Yaya Margaret, Seth's yaya nudged her.

"Ha...a...e...what baby?"

"Yaya! Can I go there?..." Eena pointed to the far corner of the playground where her friends were playing on the monkey bars.

"Ha?...where?....o sige....basta mag-ingat....do not go too high...."

"Okay, Yaya...." Eena run off to join her friends.

Just then, RT squealed. He was on his stroller in front of Yaya Cherry and was happily playing with his toys. He had dropped one of them. His scream broke Yaya Cherry's daze.

"....baby naman e.....o...." she picked up the toy, brushed the dirt off and returned it to the baby. Thinking that it was a fun game, RT giggled and threw the toy again.

"Asus! Papansin itong batang to o...." Yaya Ann, Gino's yaya came along and saw what was happening. She picked up the toy because although Yaya Cherry was bent down, she was still distracted and looking far away.

"Ano ka ba Cherry.....yung alaga mo o...."

"Eh bakit ba?"

"Nakatingin ka na naman kay Samli...."

"Sino si Samli?" Yaya Lyn, Miggy's yaya, asked.

"....si Samli.....yung driver nina Mrs. Mendoza....ayun o, naglilinis ng kotse...." Yaya Margaret said as she pointed to a black Starex van parked across the playground.

"....ahhh....."

Just then, a commotion broke in one corner of the playground.

"Yaya!" Iggy shouted which made Cherry look towards the boys playing in the sandbox.

Miggy, Yaya Lyn's ward, had grabbed a toy from Ken which ended in the boys pushing and wrestling on the sand.

"Ah sus naman tong mga batang ito, oo....tama na yan!" Yaya Lyn took Miggy to the side and brushed the sand off while Yaya Lory took Ken.

"O, tama na yan....kain muna tayo....kids! come here!" Yaya Margaret called the kids to the grassy area of the park.

"....wash hands muna...." the yayas took their respective wards and cleaned them up. "...o, alcohol..." Yaya Cherry offered.

The kids enjoyed their snacks of cookies and juice while the yayas talked.

"....napansin ka na ba ni Samli?" Yaya Ann asked Yaya Cherry.

Yaya Cherry just smiled but was obviously turning red.

"....uy! penge naman ako nyan...." a manly voice spoke which made the yayas turn. It was Samli.

"....matanong ko lang, bakit Samli ang pangalan mo, Chinese ka ba?" Yaya Cathy asked.

"...ahh....kasi, Samuel yung tatay ko....Lisa naman nanay ko....ayun...." Samli explained as he poked a straw into the juice box he was given.

"...nakikipag-ano ka na naman sa mga yaya dyan...." Kuya Jose, the Faulkerson's driver passed by. "Cherry....uwi daw kayo ng mga 5:30pm...."

"Ahh sige...."

Kuya Jose, who was on a bike, drove off.

"....ayan...mag-5 na...kids....almost time to go home...." Yaya Ann announced.

There was a collective sigh.

"Susme naman tong mga to, parang di kayo magkikita bukas e...." Yaya Margaret chuckled. "Seth....bihis ka muna ng shirt...." she continued as she took her ward to the side and changed his sweaty shirt.

"Iggy...Eena....get your toys na....dali...." Yaya Cherry instructed.

"Tin-tin....say bye na to Eena....magkikita naman kayo sa school bukas e....O sige, Cherry...una na kami...." Yaya Cathy said as she lead Tin-tin out of the park.

"Ken! Balak mo bang iuwi yung sandbox?! Suskong batang to....tanggalin mo nga yung buhangin sa bulsa mo!" Yaya Lory brought Ken to the sandbox to remove the sand from his clothes.

"Gino! Gino! Go home na tayo!" Yaya Ann called on the little boy who had run off to the slide with Iggy.

"Iggy! Let's go na!" Yaya Cherry called Iggy.

Soon, the kids and their yayas left the park, and it was quiet all around.

"Yaya....why are you always looking at Kuya Samli?" Eena, who was walking beside RT's stroller asked.

"Because she likes him...." Iggy butted in. He was on his scooter on the opposite side.

"...tong mga batang ito...." Yaya Cherry admonished the twins for teasing her.

=  =  =  =  =  =  =  =

backstory:

This is just an off-shoot (singit) to the story of the lives of the Faulkersons. The "yayas" are my friends in our little GC. :)