breakfast

Even as sunlight filtered through the curtains, it was another Sunday morning where Maine nor Rj needed to be up early. Their last "working day" for the week was Saturday noon on EB. The rest of the time they spent with their kids.

As Maine slowly opened her eyes, her vision adjusted to a sleeping Rj who was on his side, facing her. She gently stroked his face while she smiled. Rj felt Maine's soft,warm hand. He inhaled deeply and slowly opened his eyes, smiling at his pretty wife.

"Good morning!" he said as he slowly exhaled. He leaned in and kissed Maine on the cheek.

"Good morning" Maine smiled in reply.

Maine moved so that she was resting on Rj's arm as they stared at the ceiling of their bedroom. It was one of those rare mornings were things seemed to be more quiet that usual.

"...It's a little too quiet ata...." Maine observed.

But just as they thought that they could still enjoy the stillness of the morning. They heard something just outside their bedroom door. They immediately knew that it was their kids' voices so they both closed their eyes and pretended to sleep.

Charm slowly crept up on the bed to "check" if their parents were really still asleep. She went near Maine and Rj then looked at her siblings who were peeking by the door.

"Yup! They're still asleep...." Charm announced.

"Shhhhhhh!" Iggy, Eena and RT shushed Charm with their fingers to their mouths.

"Ooops!" Charm said as she cupped her hand over her mouth.

Charm scooted off the bed while the other kids turned their backs and were about to close the door when Rj grabbed Charm by her thigh and squeezed it. This was her tickle spot.

"Daaaaaad!" Charm exclaimed and laughed. Maine laughed too.

The kids realized that their parents were not sleeping so they all ran in and jumped on the bed.

"Good morning!" they screamed and greeted Maine and Rj with kisses and hugs.

"What are we doing today?" Iggy asked. This was their family day.

"Well, we have to go to Mass....then, where will we have lunch?" Maine replied.

"I want....Japanese!" RT exclaimed.

"Who's turn is it to choose?" Rj asked.

The kids looked at each other. They had made a schedule and this Sunday was RT's turn.

"RT" Charm replied.

"Okay....we'll have Japanese today...."

"Yey!" RT exclaimed.

"Ah wait! Mommy....Daddy...."

"Yes Ate?"

"Stay here lang okay? Stay."

"Why? Are we going anywhere?" Rj asked, finding the order of his daughter amusing.

"No....basta, stay in bed first......and close your eyes...."

"Huh?" Both Rj and Maine looked at each other and then at the kids who were now by the door.

"Close your eyes please...." Iggy said as he went out the room.

Rj and Maine closed their eyes and heard some squabbling and clinking from behind the door.

"...I think we're going to have breakfast na..." Rj said to Maine.

"...shhh..." Maine gently patted Rj's arm.

"One....two....three....open your eyes!" RT announced.

Rj and Maine, who were seated on their bed, leaning against the headboard, were greeted with trays of food carried by Eena and Iggy. Charm had a piece of paper in her hand and RT brought some flowers which he handed to Maine.

"Breakfast in bed...." Eena announced.

"Wow!" Maine exclaimed. The tray on their laps were filled with breakfast items. Yayas Cherry and Anna came in with cups of coffee and other drinks which they laid on the bedside table next to Maine.

"Thank you Yaya" Charm said. The yayas left the room. "Wait..."

"Wait again? I'm hungry na..." Rj teased.

Maine laughed. She eyed a small cup of yogurt on the tray. Rj was not very fond of yogurt.

RT gave Maine a folded piece of paper. "Charm wrote it...."

"What's this?" Maine asked.

"That's the me-nooo" Charm explained.

"Menu" Eena corrected.

"Menu" Charm said.

Maine opened the paper and shared it with Rj. They smiled.

"Thank you, kids!" Both parents said.

"This is the best breakfast everrrrrrrr" Rj said as he picked up his toast and took a bite. "Sarap!" he said. His kids beamed.

"How about you? Have you eaten?" Maine asked.

"We had cereal.....but I'm hungry na...." RT exclaimed as he sat beside Maine.

"....I helped Yaya cook the eggs...." Charm explained.

"I cooked the sausage" Eena said.

"I made the juice" Iggy said.

The kids watched in delight as their parents ate the food they prepared. They even shared some toast and juice.

The kids knew that Rj really did not like yogurt so Charm's eyes grew big and she had a big smile when Rj quickly swallowed the three big spoonfuls of yogurt he took. Everyone clapped for Rj afterwards.

"Yehey Daddy!" Eena hugged Rj.

Rj drank all his coffee and juice and water after finishing the yogurt.

"Thanks kids....this is such a treat!" Maine thanked her kids. She then called them one by one as she hugged and kissed them her thanks.

Iggy and Eena took the trays to bring back to the kitchen while RT and Charm rushed out of the room to get ready for their Sunday family day.

"Hon...." Rj spoke as they stood up from bed.

"Yes?" Maine turned.

"...can you please not buy yogurt anymore?"

"....but it's good for the kids...."

Rj's shoulder's dropped. "Okay....just remind them that I don't like the stuff...."

Maine chuckled and hugged Rj. "Okay....okay...." She said as she patted his tummy and they both walked to the bathroom.